The Duck Thread

My Poultry have a run of the yard so they use the stage brush
for nesting and the geese use the space under the porch but
this is a photo of my Peking Ducks nest in the front yard .....

And the dark spot in the stage brush behind the Gander who
is looking at the camera is her nest and she is very comfortable
having her nest guarded and the Geese have there Goslings
enjoying the morning sun after having breakfast and the Gosling
and Duckling who are together were hatched just 5 weeks before
but as singles rather enjoy each other to the dismay of both
Parents ........

This is the nesting box I use for my Chickens it was an old
crate box but now it is being put to good use ......

I hope this helped you out some ....

gander007
old.gif

My Poultry have a run of the yard so they use the stage brush for nesting and the geese use the space under the porch but this is a photo of my Peking Ducks nest in the front yard ..... And the dark spot in the stage brush behind the Gander who is looking at the camera is her nest and she is very comfortable having her nest guarded and the Geese have there Goslings enjoying the morning sun after having breakfast and the Gosling and Duckling who are together were hatched just 5 weeks before but as singles rather enjoy each other to the dismay of both Parents ........ This is the nesting box I use for my Chickens it was an old crate box but now it is being put to good use ...... I hope this helped you out some .... gander007 :old
Thank you :)

please help me… my blue swedish duck Elli isn't doing well… when she walks her wings drag :( and when she sits it seems like her wings won't close like their supposed to. My daughter noticed. :( please help us

Last edited:
She needs a vet.

Here are some possibilities -

She could have eaten something toxic, including botulinum toxin. If that is the case, then perhaps a flush with molasses or Epsom salt water followed by a charcoal (food grade, activated charcoal supplement - not briquettes) slurry in her water, with loads of fresh water available to her would help. This would need to happen soon. Here are the instructions.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213

She could have ingested another toxin - the above would likely help.

She could have egg yolk peritonitis, or other serious, systemic infection. She would need antibiotics a.s.a.p. - oral or injectable.

She may have been injured - is this a possibility? Dogs around? Wild predators? A fall?

@Soza5 how are things?

Last edited:
she has water poop… at least she drinking…. there is a motel on the other side of out fence I was thinking they might have thrown something over :( We have an avacado tree.. but I never see my ducks eat anything like that. My daughter is picking up al the avacados. we have 11 ducks and she's the only one thats feeling like this.

I have given you the ideas I could think of - Is her bill very warm, or her legs? When a duck is not feeling well, I put her in a tub of lukewarm water and watch closely, see if anything looks wrong, or smells or sounds wrong.

Back
Top Bottom