The Duck Thread

Blackie and Blondie are now 17 days old. They are supposed to both be girls. Blondie makes a muffled quack sound where as Blackie just whistles all the time. At this age, is this any kind of sign that Blackie might be a he??
How adorable, and I agree too young to say about sexes yet.

Thank you. Both are from Ideal Poultry with a chicken order that they got wrong:( They have apologized and credited me so no problems there. I ordered 6 Brown Leghorn pullets, 1 Easter Egger and 2 Blue Swedish ducks. When I ordered, they did say the Swedish could be Blue, Black or Splash. I received Blackie, Blondie, 2 Brown Leghorns, 1 Easter Egger and 17 "males for warmth." Day 1:
Oh my! I know ideal loves to send male chicks for warmth, I just didn't realize they send that many. I'm not that familiar with different ducks but since they don't sell Swedish by color I would guess you have a black and a splash. I could be totally wrong though. My Perkins came from Ideal :)

How adorable, and I agree too young to say about sexes yet.
Thank you. I thought so but with the luck I've had with this order, I'm just scared to death we have a male.

Oh my! I know ideal loves to send male chicks for warmth, I just didn't realize they send that many. I'm not that familiar with different ducks but since they don't sell Swedish by color I would guess you have a black and a splash. I could be totally wrong though. My Perkins came from Ideal
smile.png
I didn't either, lol. I think that was error as well. If I had gotten 4 more of the BL pullets as ordered, it should have made for less male warmth. We have Pekins and other Swedish ducks from them as well as other chickens. If I can get rid of all the male chicks, I am sure I will order from them again. I can't wait to see how the splash turns out. Do you think she'll get more color to her?

Can someone please help me something is wrong with my duck. It's getting cold out side. My female duck hasn't made a noise today and she keeps pooping liquid. She is putting her butt up high even in the water. She runs when I touch her tail now. What's wrong with her?

Can someone please help me something is wrong with my duck. It's getting cold out side. My female duck hasn't made a noise today and she keeps pooping liquid. She is putting her butt up high even in the water. She runs when I touch her tail now. What's wrong with her?

How old is she? has she been laying?

That kind of sounds like my duck before she laid her first egg. Could she be about to lay? Or is she's already laying could she maybe be egg bound?

We'll Miss Lydia is the expert, I just have two ducks and they are my first two, but it sounds to me like she is getting ready to lay. Mine started to seem very uncomfortable and had her booty and tail feathers up and then started laying.

Mine also had this weird liquid poo around that time. I different color and texture then her normal poop. It didn't last all day thought. Her bottom also kind of looked swollen and she was walking like she was uncomfortable. You could try a warm bath. That might help. I was going to do that for mine, but then she started to lay and was a lot happier.

Back
Top Bottom