The Duck Thread

My new duck! She's not sure what to think of us yet...
Aww she is so pretty, and doesn't look over weight at all, but you know Pekins were bred for meat birds so they are big heavy weights anyway, then us softees fell in love with their sweet faces and sweet personalities and the rest is history, alot of Perkins are now kept for pets. even Jumbo's . She'll warm up with good food and gentle caring. What did you name her?

Her name's Tapioca. She's the only officially "named" duck of the flock. The others are Brown Duck, Black Duck, Boy Duck,etc.
I like those names shows alot of imagination..
lol.png
When does she get to meet the rest? and you know you have to do that slowly.

I like those names shows alot of imagination..
lol.png
When does she get to meet the rest? and you know you have to do that slowly.
Thanks. I'm the artist in the family and sometimes my creative spills over onto other things :b

She seems pretty healthy so I'm going to start introducing her in a few days. I don't have a lot of space and can't keep her properly quarantined so I'd like to introduce her ASAP. She's spending the nights in our bathtub and the daytimes in our garden where she can see the other ducks but can't interact with them. Hopefully she'll get along with everyone and we'll be able to use the bathroom at night in peace again soon.

Thanks. I'm the artist in the family and sometimes my creative spills over onto other things :b

She seems pretty healthy so I'm going to start introducing her in a few days. I don't have a lot of space and can't keep her properly quarantined so I'd like to introduce her ASAP. She's spending the nights in our bathtub and the daytimes in our garden where she can see the other ducks but can't interact with them. Hopefully she'll get along with everyone and we'll be able to use the bathroom at night in peace again soon.
Good they can all see each other, you'll have to watch the resident ducks with her she is the outsider, they can be pretty rough on one but hopefully it won't take long to work things out. So when you shower she takes one with you?
wink.png
Be sure to keep us updated on how it all goes.

I will keep both eyes on them once they're together. Thanks for the advice.

We have two bathrooms fortunately. I'm going to bleach the hell out of hers once she's out of it permanently. I'll keep you updated :b

Back
Top Bottom