The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Keep us posted on Ana, grass is obsolete here with 15 chickens and 4 geese and 13 ducks they have long ago took care of any grass we had which wasn't much to begin with sine we're on the side of a mountain. Too rocky, I do have 3 fenced off areas that I have desperately trying to grow grass for my geese, so far not doing to well. Too rocky,too shady too. So I get lettuce, collards, cabbage, kale These guys eat better than me. [​IMG]

2. minmin1258

minmin1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Happy New Year! May your 2015 be just Ducky! Lol

3. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2014
    Georgetown, TX
    Happy New Years! I hope this is everyone's year :)

7. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Happy New Year all! [​IMG]Blessings to you, your families and flocks for 2015[​IMG]

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

X2 all you wonderful duck keepers.

9. tmonaa16

tmonaa16 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2014
    GU
    My ducks haven't been eating the food I've given them, lately. They used to run and finish their it all super fast....now they take a peek at their bowl, have a few bites, then leave.

I've been giving them hog grower (which is what my local feed store recommended) and they tend to get into the cat food sometimes too so yeah. I was wondering what food I should switch to. Any suggestions?

10. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

A duck food would be preferable. My feed store carries a duck turkey goose blend it's the best I can do here maybe yours carry something similar... My ducks also usually go mad for fermented feed... Winter seems to have turned them off it but spring summer fall they loved it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by