The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Give the food a sniff - it may be moldy. Or the recipe may have changed.

I use poultry layer since duck feed is not available here. And yes, try fermenting it. It is not complicated, just requires a tiny bit of space and planning. I need to get my fermenting set up again.

If I were you I would get poultry layer. I feel it must be available, if the hog feed is.

2. minmin1258

minmin1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was just wondering what State you all are located in. I see where people talked about freezes and rain on days our temps were in the 60's. It chilly and raining here today and supposed t have freezing temps and below for the next week or more. The flocks aren't going to be happy about it but they'll live. I am in North Central West Virginia. Like the area but would love to go off grid in Alaska!!!!

3. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I'm in Canada. :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope Premium Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    I'm in Texas. I love reading about cold weather in other states[​IMG] but happy we don't have to worry about the added chores it brings or be concerned about our animals.

5. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

Must be nice Ren2014. I am in the part of Texas that has been cold for over a month. Sure the weather keeps teasing us with a 40 degree day but we have been below freezing for going on two weeks now. My birds are dealing a lot better than I am.

6. hennible

[​IMG]

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Brrrrr - glad for down jackets!

8. hennible

Lol yup

9. tmonaa16

tmonaa16 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2014
    GU

Guam! [​IMG] where its only rain or shine. Never snows here lol

10. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    I'm cold today in TX, darn wind. Actually it isn't too bad but I had to go cover all my plants for tonight. It's suppose to be 23 degrees and that is cold enough for me! All the mud/water is going to be really frozen by morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by