The Duck Thread

One of my 2 runners is my baby I read they'd a skiddish breed but she's my sweetest then our unknown largest is our next sweetest now if pebbles my runner doesn't like you she will spit on you. She didn't like how the girl picked her up at tractor supply and she let her have it, she's been nothing but a cuddle buddy since we got her home. When I took them home I had to ride with a hand inside the box so they would feel safe

Last edited:

Here's one of the babies
And here are the parents, I walked them to the creek so they could have some fun...

Splash

I let my mallards swim in our pond and a wild mallard pair that has made our pond their home came over and mated with my female and the males started fighting. I keep them in the yard now so they dont get harrased byvthe wild ones. They are so cute hennible.

I am looking for some ducks for meat that I can put on my pond. I have a 3 acre pond that has lots of good foraging. What is a good breed or breeds.

Thanks WVduckchick, here is a better video, the egg one was shakey I was so thrilled to see eggs, they turned 5mos on the 27th
0.jpg

little did I know they already laid some, I had not found, sneaky lil babies

So sweet! And they look very happy!! And Only 5 months? Goodness, mine are 12 days, and have grown a ton, but its also kinda sad that they look like adults at such a young age. Baby ducklings are soooo cute. Not that the adults aren't too, I just mean its different, ya know. Congrats on the eggies! I look forward to that day!

That's interesting about the head nod too. I'll have to watch for that!

Back
Top Bottom