The Duck Thread

I'm raising silkies too
1f60a.png
they're cute little fuzz balls have 1 blue, 1 partridge 2 black and 2 white, I'm looking for more blue, black, and some splash. I like my silkies but I looooove my ducklings
1f603.png

I think ducklings are a lot cutter thank chicks, but I'm looking forward to having a few silkies, I think they're really cool, and I would like them for hatching eggs :)

Last edited:
Hi, I have some questions about ducks. Are they excessively loud? Are there breeds of ducks that are quieter than others? Can they be raised in the city? Thanks!

Hi, I have some questions about ducks. Are they excessively loud? Are there breeds of ducks that are quieter than others? Can they be raised in the city? Thanks!
I suppose that there are breeds of ducks that are "quieter" than others but the thing about ducks is that when they are loud they can be very loud regardless of breed. As for raising them in the city that would first depend on any city ordinance that regulated domestic farm bird ownership. Then you would have to consider the number of ducks you were wanting to have. Never just one as they are flock birds and need other duck companionship in order to thrive. I have Khaki Campbells and Cayugas. Both are relatively quiet breeds but when they get started it sounds like a bunch of drunk ladies laughing.

Some ducks can be excessively loud. If you want a really quiet duck, look into Muscovy ducks. They don't quack like the Mallard derived breeds. Yes, you can raise them anywhere you have enough room, if your local laws permit. I live in a rural-ish suburb, and we're allowed 6 ducks (or chickens) max in city limits. Your town may have different limits, or prohibit ducks altogether.

Back
Top Bottom