The Duck Thread

We are lucky that we live a farm so when these guys get big enough they will have a good place to live with water! I decided not to put the parchment paper down. My Brinsea advised it but I was worried they would slip are too much and it might cause problems. I will just see what is going on Monday morning. The teacher really wanted to do this but I feel like they may have been neglected. I get a little crazy when I am doing it at home to make sure everything is perfect. Hopefully they will be ok.
Sounds like they are in good hands. Keep us updated on hatching. what breed?

well that's a start at least, looks like she's finally going to get feathers going on the body instead of just the tail feathers that are coming in, she would rather be outside but can't separate herself from the chicks so next week she should be a happy camper we have had her for 2 1/2 weeks now and she's grown quite a bit.
here is a picture that gives a little better perspective bottom picture was 2 1/2 weeks ago when we first got them, this is a picture from today on the top, the 2 checks standing at the side of her are about 8 weeks old

Last edited:
Someone asked the age difference between my ducks and I meant to answer sooner, sorry. It looks like they are a couple of weeks apart.

Jill is still very upset with me. When I tried to hold her last night and today, she flipped out and scratched the snot out of me. My husband picked her up today and she snuggled up under his shirt. At least she likes one of us
1f61e.png

Someone asked the age difference between my ducks and I meant to answer sooner, sorry. It looks like they are a couple of weeks apart.

Jill is still very upset with me. When I tried to hold her last night and today, she flipped out and scratched the snot out of me. My husband picked her up today and she snuggled up under his shirt. At least she likes one of us
1f61e.png
Is she mad at you because she knows you are the one who brought in the newbies? I hope in time she can be peaceful with you.

Back
Top Bottom