The Duck Thread

Sprinkle it on their food instead... 1 tablespoon per cup of food.
Since I've got 8 ducks I figured it would be easier to add it to their drinking water. We have separate buckets just for drinking so the water stays cleaner longer.

Since I've got 8 ducks I figured it would be easier to add it to their drinking water. We have separate buckets just for drinking so the water stays cleaner longer.
It's going to muck up their water. If you are going to water jug route I would do niacin pills. Brewers yeast is a lot easier to add to food.

CRAP it is timed release....

Just picked this up.... how much do I use if I'm adding to a gal of water?
Don't use the Niacin, you can save that and use it for yourself. The brewers yeast can just be sprinkled over their food when you feed them. I have 16 Cayuga ducklings and they got a teaspoon sprinkled over the top of their food each time I fed them.

Don't use the Niacin, you can save that and use it for yourself. The brewers yeast can just be sprinkled over their food when you feed them. I have 16 Cayuga ducklings and they got a teaspoon sprinkled over the top of their food each time I fed them.

Just one tsp is enough for all of them?

The niacin usage is quite a bit higher.

It's going to muck up their water. If you are going to water jug route I would do niacin pills. Brewers yeast is a lot easier to add to food.

Is it horrible if one of their water buckets looks mucky? They go through probably 2+gal of drinking water a day.

Sprinkle it on their food instead... 1 tablespoon per cup of food.

Got the wrong niacin

Each pill was 250mgs. But now I'm switching to Brewer yeast. How much do I add of that to a 1gal jug of water?

I plan to stop using the niacin I've got, and use up the Brewer yeast I just purchased today. I would like to add to their water instead of food, so will be switching back yo niacin. What is the best kind and mgs I should get if I'm adding it to a gal of h2o?

Just one tsp is enough for all of them?

The niacin usage is quite a bit higher.
Is it horrible if one of their water buckets looks mucky? They go through probably 2+gal of drinking water a day.
Got the wrong niacin
I plan to stop using the niacin I've got, and use up the Brewer yeast I just purchased today. I would like to add to their water instead of food, so will be switching back yo niacin. What is the best kind and mgs I should get if I'm adding it to a gal of h2o?

I use 1 Tab of BY to 1 cup of feed . Since you have one showing leg problems you need to get this in him asap. , That's the way most of us do it.

Look at Whole Foods or GNC for Plain niacin get at least 400-450 megs take one of those tables or if you can get capsules make sure it's mixed really good in the water or it may settle in the bottom of the bucket[crush the tablet open the capsule] You can also purchase Super B complex and use this in their drinking water same dosage .instead of niacin

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia Thanks for always helping!!!

I have powered BY. Suggested human usage is: 2Tbsp daily. How would I dose my baby with wobbles? What's the best way to assure he's getting enough and proper amount?

Last edited:

I have powered BY. Suggested human usage is: 2Tbsp daily. How would I dose my baby with wobbles? What's the best way to assure he's getting enough and proper amount?
How many ducks do you have you may want to have 2 feeding bowls and put 1 Tab per cup in each bowl that way you'll know they are getting enough food with the BY, If need be you can for a short time place wobbles and one buddy together just to make sure he is getting his fair share of the BY. Usually it takes anywhere from 2-5 days to begin to see improvement. Longer if the leg issues have been going on for a while.

Reese7383, if you use the Brewers Yeast at the dosage suggested by Miss Lydia (1 tsp per cup of feed) the duckling will self-dose while eating. It will also benefit any other ducklings that are in the same environment.

How many ducks do you have you may want to have 2 feeding bowls and put 1 Tab per cup in each bowl that way you'll know they are getting enough food with the BY, If need be you can for a short time place wobbles and one buddy together  just to make sure he is getting his fair share of the BY. Usually it takes anywhere from 2-5 days to begin to see improvement. Longer if the leg issues have been going on for a while.

I've got 8, mixed breeds and ages who all live in the same run.

They aren't BY tabs, it's powder.

I'm going to bring wobbles and his best bud inside for a while. Wobbles is used to being inside anyway, as he's my cuddle duck.

If I'm using one of these feeders.....
2b07.png
2b07.png

(greyfeather aka wobbles & rousch as babies).
2b06.png
2b06.png

How much powered BY do I add to hoe much food? I don't NEED to use that, I have measuring cups and different bowls I could use to get the correct ratio.

Financially I won't be able to get niacin tabs until next payday. I was told not to use the kind I have. Also in powered form.

Back
Top Bottom