The Duck Thread

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ZakoHero, Jan 17, 2013.

1. duckies1230

duckies1230 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Congratulations, they are adorable when they are little, and grow up beautiful but way too fast!

2. backyardflock1

backyardflock1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Congratz!!! I am very excited for you! [​IMG] [​IMG]I remember when my two pekins arrived, now they are massive, [​IMG]. I am getting seven chicks on June 8th, so I am excited for that too. Hope you have fun with your new babies!

3. duckies1230

duckies1230 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone know if that's too cold, to let them play today. Maybe I'll just put warmer water in the pool! Please, any suggestions??? I gotta get n the move, I have to get ready for work!!!

4. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah

Oh good, I thought I was going nuts when I looked at those pictures and thought, "Are those WH?" Love those! Very jealous :)

LadyIsadora, I like your suggestions! :) I'm trying to teach mine "treats". They already answer me when I say, "I'm coming, babies."

Reese, love the morning photos, hehe :) Someone looks very chipper about going outside!

1 person likes this.
  5. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah

Sorry, I meant to answer this above. I give mine supervised playtime in water. They are only allowed to be in there so long before I pull them out because they will start to shiver after a bit. If you watch them, you can tell about when that point is approaching (ie ten minutes, fifteen, etc.) I read that mother ducks will monitor the time their babies spend in the water, so that's what I do.

6. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    @Lizzy456 Congrats! Looking forward to pics. My babies (2 pekins & 2 rouens) are 3 weeks old today. They grow so incredibly fast!

7. AA Maple

AA Maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2015
    Mine have been going outside in the daytime for the last week or so and I'm up in Maine. The first 2 weeks of life they stayed in the brooder but they seem pretty plump and well insulated now and they demand to go out every day around 7:30am now. They are very vocal about this in the morning until they can go out and graze and splash in a pot of water.

Today I'm going to try to make a more permanent structure for them outside with a run that extends into the stream a little so they can have all the fresh water they like.

8. blkjak

blkjak Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2014
    Manitoba Canada
    [​IMG]

Gotta love watching them when they are unaware of you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    OH so cute. I love them. Babies are precious. Sweet protective moms.

1 person likes this.
  10. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    eeeee, love the rump on the upside down one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by