The Duck Thread

thank u miss Lydia, I have finally gotten the wire and my grandsons put it in the ground and all around. thanks again.
thumbsup.gif

Does anyone know how to get my Peking Mr.Peeps to not imprint me anymore?He is getting more and more aggressive.I have seen where people have said to show him who the boss is by holding them down or laying them on their back,but i do not want to do that.Please help.

No i am a bad person only got him as a baby.No friends.
I would suggest that you go out and get Mr. Peeps a friend to play with...I can assure you that he will be much happier, and you will get even more joy out of watching them. Good luck! I have 4 Muscovies...I love it when they come to the back door, once they know I am home from work, and wait for me to greet them and give them a treat. When I am standing at their food bin, they nibble at my legs or pull my clothing as it to tell me,"hurry up! I'm hungry!" LOL...I love my muscovy ducks!

No, does not need to be a female. But, if you get him a guy buddy, and then introduce a girl...there will be trouble in shangrila. Get him another Peking if you can...I was reading somewhere, that different breeds of ducks have their own language and so there may be some trouble with communication between the two if they are different breeds.

I have 7 ducklings that are one week old I know that one is a boy for sure but I already have a drake which is his dad but I was wondering if I do keep him will he and the other grade fight I have 3 ducks so if I keep him will i also have to keep more ducks ( maybe 2 or 3 ) also if he mates with his mum will that affect the ducklings because I know that inbreeding in other animals can cause the babies to have defects but he is my favourite so I would like to keep him if I could and I forgot to mention the ducklings are cayugas as well as the mum and dad plus i have 2 Mascovy ducks

I have 7 ducklings that are one week old I know that one is a boy for sure but I already have a drake which is his dad but I was wondering if I do keep him will he and the other grade fight I have 3 ducks so if I keep him will i also have to keep more ducks ( maybe 2 or 3 ) also if he mates with his mum will that affect the ducklings because I know that inbreeding in other animals can cause the babies to have defects but he is my favourite so I would like to keep him if I could and I forgot to mention the ducklings are cayugas as well as the mum and dad plus i have 2 Mascovy ducks
As in common in nature...the little boy duckling will eventually grow up to challenge the other male(s) for a change to get at the girls. Some ducks have a habit of splitting the girls up if there are plenty to go around, so this could alleviate some of the problem...but if there are not enough to go around, expect the guys to duke it out for the girls. I am not too sure about the genetics question with regards to inbreeding in ducks....I think it comes down to how many generations of inbreeding within the same family, that can cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom