The Duck Thread

I am shocked how long they live I have had her since I was 8 and she has been through fox and dog attacks but she is still here so I am lucky but sadly she is the last duck I have left so she can stay since she is like a pet now

I am shocked how long they live I have had her since I was 8 and she has been through fox and dog attacks but she is still here so I am lucky but sadly she is the last duck I have left so she can stay since she is like a pet now
They do make great pets, I actually have a drake who turned 11 in March so yep they live a long time. Does she get along with the geese? Fox and dog attacks gosh she is one lucky duck.

Kinda mind blown here. Ok @duck213, let's take legal/illegal off the table. Shall we look at moral/immoral? How about the fact that entire wild flocks have been wiped out in some areas when ducks were dumped and new viral strains were introduced into wild populations. Populations that had no immunities to these new pathogens and couldn't begin to fight them off. Nice. Now look at it from the wild population side... The domestic duck will face the same situation. Migratory birds are exposed to a whole host of viral and bacterial strains that domestic birds have and will never see. Unless they receive a vaccine from us or have some other method of controlled exposure, they will need a 1 in a 1,000,000 immune system (a saying, not a scientific number) that just naturally fights these random illnesses. Seriously?!

I won't even get into the whole death by pecking order. Do you even HAVE ducks?

NEVER! DUMP! YOUR! DUCKS! Who does that?!! For the love of all that's holy, eat the dang things before you just dump them. Quicker death for them and no risk of possible death for countless other water fowl.

Dumping animals (domestic) in Maine is illegal. And if they fall into certain categories that could harm the local wildlife populations, there's more charges. And no good human being dumps an animal. Period.

Maybe [@=/u/364836/Duck213]@Duck213[/@] doesn't live in the US?

-kathy

Regardless of location, dumping an animal is never an acceptable thing to do.

I just don't want to lose sight of the real issue here and the point that needs to get made to Duck213.

Oh, I agree, it's not okay to release any domesticated animal ever, period.

-Kathy

I NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!

We just put out our one month old welsh harlequin ducklings out in the play pen with a shallow pool (like we do all the time) and my husband came running in the house and said 3 out of 10 of them were hanging their heads and wouldn't stand up. In the last 10 minutes, one has died and two others are still acting strange! I have no idea what's going on!!!!

How about we all forget about this and move on. I would never DUMP my ducks. Someone is wanting to get rid of them on here and no one says anything about that!!

Back
Top Bottom