The Duck Thread

frow.gif
Subscribing here. After having chickens and quail a certain "enabler" friend (@CityFarm ) has gotten me into ducks and I now have five muscovies. They are growing youngsters and are fun to watch and interact with. I had some scovies back in the dark ages when I was in high school so it's been a very long time since I had ducks!

frow.gif
Subscribing here. After having chickens and quail a certain "enabler" friend (@CityFarm ) has gotten me into ducks and I now have five muscovies. They are growing youngsters and are fun to watch and interact with. I had some scovies back in the dark ages when I was in high school so it's been a very long time since I had ducks!
LOL. Welcome to the party!
frow.gif

Can someone please tell me When can my baby ducks go in water?
:)
What age can they be introduced to other foods other then there chick starter?
and what are some of the foods you started with first?
This is my first time rasing ducklings
I got my other muscoveys at 3 months :)

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me When can my baby ducks go in water?
smile.png

What age can they be introduced to other foods other then there chick starter?
and what are some of the foods you started with first?
This is my first time rasing ducklings
I got my other muscoveys at 3 months
smile.png

Flock raiser is a good mix but you need to find out what is available in your area ....

At 3 months of age a water source they can clime in and out of would be just fine ...

This is the age I stars out the supervised swimming ..
cool.png

These are about 1 month of age ....
big_smile.png

Things are well, I've just been insanely busy with my business (working on building two websites, tech support, AND all of the associated networking stuff that goes on when building a new business).

Ducks, dogs and cats are all doing great, we even got the old dog on new meds so he feels like a puppy again. Poke has a case of bumblefoot that I'm treating, and everyone else seems to be fine. No eggs from the youngsters yet, but Peek and Poke are still cranking them out like champs.

frow.gif

JoJo's beak is cracked. Its similar to when a person has dry lips so it cracks in the corners of their mouth. It looks like his beak was dry and cracked. Is it hurting him? Is there something I can put on it?
Get ahold of Lacrystol on that. She had a similar incident with one of her little calls. She is an amazing person with her experience with ducks and chickens. Poor guy. Is he okay otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom