The Duck Thread

A huge coop sounds really good Zako, but they will need to be outside Ducks love to dig, forage and just basically have fun so you might want to think of fencing in some space attached to their coop. Plus you mentioned getting more than one drake, keep them confined to a large coop won't be good for 2 drakes, they have to have plenty of room to stay away from each other or fights will break out. Did you ever say how old your ducks your getting are?
I noticed you said two drakes need to stay away from each other. we have a duck house enclosed in a run, my 2 drakes go everywhere together and do not like to be separated. if you pick one up, the other one "yells." they have space to get away from each other, but they are just always by each others side.

That's so cool I have a cayuga duck that is sitting on her first clutch there are 24 plus my big Mascovy duck is helping her so i am not quiet sure what's going to happen after they hatch I have about 8-9 more days to wait before they hatch

My adult female Runner has got a weird walk as well.
It's hard to tell if it's either her waddle or a limp but something if off.
Weird walks come from a number of things.

If they're getting enough niacin, check the feet for early signs of bumblefoot and treat if that's the case. You don't have to cut them, just soak in Epsom salts (don't let them ingest it, it's a laxative), then slather on antibiotic ointment without painkiller. It may take weeks to completely resolve, but it ought to, based on my experience.

When do ducks start laying? I have a female khaki and 2 males a Rouen and Cayuga ( I believe that is what they are) she's all fat and fluffy so I was just wondering on time frame ?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom