The Duck Thread

DD it's hard to say your trying to put 2 domesticated ducks in with 2 wood ducks that are considered wild, maybe that's the problem and if these 2 are a bonded pair could even make integration harder. can you keep your pen split?

I have really thought about Miss Lydia's split pen idea and came up with a possible solution. I could build a small pen for JUST them on the side of the duck house. It would be about 4.25 ft x 5.5 ft that being said it would have 23.4 sq ft total, meaning each bird would have 11.7 sq ft. I was thinking about using pea gravel or hay for the ground cover. What do you all think is that enough space for the 2 of them? And which would be better hay or pea gravel, or would some other cover be better?

I have really thought about Miss Lydia's split pen idea and came up with a possible solution. I could build a small pen for JUST them on the side of the duck house. It would be about 4.25 ft x 5.5 ft that being said it would have 23.4 sq ft total, meaning each bird would have 11.7 sq ft. I was thinking about using pea gravel or hay for the ground cover. What do you all think is that enough space for the 2 of them? And which would be better hay or pea gravel, or would some other cover be better?
Not knowing what wood ducks need in the way of housing and pens I went and found this, maybe you can get some ideas.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/58516/show-me-your-wood-duck-pens-coops

This is my boy were going to breed him I think when it's time lol

OMG!! I totally just realized I can upload pics from my phone! :O Haha..

Well, thought of "the duck side" of BYC when my Mallard pair came up to the barn for a snack today.. I have been concentrating more on my chickens since my Pekin hatch back around Easter. Those guys all live with my dad now and are doing great.. Even ended up with ONE drake in the bunch if you believe it! :)

Anyway.. Got a great shot of them, couldn't believe it! Hope you all are well. :)

Well, thought of "the duck side" of BYC when my Mallard pair came up to the barn for a snack today.. I have been concentrating more on my chickens since my Pekin hatch back around Easter. Those guys all live with my dad now and are doing great.. Even ended up with ONE drake in the bunch if you believe it!
smile.png

Anyway.. Got a great shot of them, couldn't believe it! Hope you all are well.
smile.png

Looks great, carcar80, thanks for the update!

Well, thought of "the duck side" of BYC when my Mallard pair came up to the barn for a snack today.. I have been concentrating more on my chickens since my Pekin hatch back around Easter. Those guys all live with my dad now and are doing great.. Even ended up with ONE drake in the bunch if you believe it!
smile.png

Anyway.. Got a great shot of them, couldn't believe it! Hope you all are well.
smile.png

Hey carcar80, I have missed you on BYC, beautiful drake and duck.

Back
Top Bottom