The Duck Thread

Very pretty, have you decided on how your going to build the woodies house and run?

Yes I have. I was thinking about a 4.25ft x 5.5ft pen being about as tall as the duck house which is about 7ft tall. I would put the pen on the back right side. I would only house the Woodie pair in there. Does that sound like a good idea?

Yes I have. I was thinking about a 4.25ft x 5.5ft pen being about as tall as the duck house which is about 7ft tall. I would put the pen on the back right side. I would only house the Woodie pair in there. Does that sound like a good idea?
It does sound just right then you can add some roost for them inside they like to roost don't they? but I don't know if I'd use hard ware cloth for the bottom from all I read wire is very hard on ducks feet.

4 duck eggs in a row in like the same spot too
smile.png
Cool, it seems once one lays in a spot that is the most popular spot for laying. That's the way it is here anyway.
smile.png

It does sound just right then you can add some roost for them inside they like to roost don't they? but I don't know if I'd use hard ware cloth for the bottom from all I read wire is very hard on ducks feet.

Yeah the do like to perch. And as for the wire cloth I would just have in on the ground and let them have the grass in there to walk on.

Yeah the do like to perch. And as for the wire cloth I would just have in on the ground and let them have the grass in there to walk on.
sounds like a plan, so there won't be a floor in their pen just ground with wire cloth and grass growing through? I don't think grass will grow inside their house. or are you talking about outside in the run area?

Back
Top Bottom