The Duck Thread

One has hatched. This ones bruise i guess is like a thin line around the top of the egg. but the chick still lives. all of them are very vocal.

My baby girl Ebony is injured. I went inside to grab my cup of coffee, was gone maybe 3 minutes. When I got back Howard had Ebony pinned in a patch of gravel. She was trying to escape, I ran Howard off and Enony is limping badly. Checked her feet and she has small cuts on the bottom. I already soaked her in some Epsom salt. What else can I do for her?

Howard is in drake jail. He stays there until either my friend can pick him up or we put him down for dinner. Which ever happens first. I can't stand to even look at Howard right now.

My baby girl Ebony is injured. I went inside to grab my cup of coffee, was gone maybe 3 minutes. When I got back Howard had Ebony pinned in a patch of gravel. She was trying to escape, I ran Howard off and Enony is limping badly. Checked her feet and she has small cuts on the bottom. I already soaked her in some Epsom salt. What else can I do for her?

Howard is in drake jail. He stays there until either my friend can pick him up or we put him down for dinner. Which ever happens first. I can't stand to even look at Howard right now.
They can be so rough on the girls and her being so much lighter in weight. Soak again today and keep her from doing alot of running around. I have a duck in a small pen I made by using a dog xpen she wasn't able to walk yesterday so she is in hospital pen.Hopefully with a few days of rest Ebony will be up and running around again.

They can be so rough on the girls and her being so much lighter in weight. Soak again today and keep her from doing alot of running around. I have a duck in a small pen I made by using a dog xpen she wasn't able to walk yesterday so she is in hospital pen.Hopefully with a few days of rest Ebony will be up and running around again. 

She is also walking like her butt hurts. Her tail pointed down. Could Howard have hurt her vent? Or worse broken an egg inside her? She hasn't laid today and she has laid everyday since we got them home.

Last edited:
OK so a Friend of mine got some white crested ducklings on Wednesday and she said today they have been sneezing a lot. Is that something to be concerned about?

The bruised egg has started to zip!
thumbsup.gif
caf.gif

She is also walking like her butt hurts. Her tail pointed down. Could Howard have hurt her vent? Or worse broken an egg inside her? She hasn't laid today and she has laid everyday since we got them home.
Bring her inside and let her have some float time in the tub with nice warm water. If she needs to lay an egg maybe the nice warm water will help. and it will take pressure off her legs too.

Back
Top Bottom