The Duck Thread

I saw another one move
big_smile.png
Can you hear pepping? I love to hear peeping.

The recommended amount for niacin tab is 100mg/gal of water. Just crush the pill between 2 spoons and stir it in. I wonder if you could do both and give a little brewers yeast with the food as well? With the deficiency I might try it for a couple of days, but I'm no expert and have only ever used the tablets in the water.

Anyone else have a recommendation?

Best wishes for your little duckling.

Thanks for the info Joyfullkeeper. I picked up Brewers Yeast last night and have been mixing it in the food. If there is no change by tomorrow I'll add the Niacin in the water too. I'm currently putting Apple Cider vinegar in the water because in a moment of distraction (on my part) my poodle nipped one of the ducks bills when she stuck it out of her brooder.
sad.png
I feel terrible!!! I read that ACV is good for killing some of the bacteria. She is eating and drinking (I wet the food) so I'm hoping she'll be okay.

Now I have a duck with leg problems and a duck with wounded bill.
idunno.gif
My poor babies!

Thanks for the info Joyfullkeeper. I picked up Brewers Yeast last night and have been mixing it in the food. If there is no change by tomorrow I'll add the Niacin in the water too. I'm currently putting Apple Cider vinegar in the water because in a moment of distraction (on my part) my poodle nipped one of the ducks bills when she stuck it out of her brooder.
sad.png
I feel terrible!!! I read that ACV is good for killing some of the bacteria. She is eating and drinking (I wet the food) so I'm hoping she'll be okay.

Now I have a duck with leg problems and a duck with wounded bill.
idunno.gif
My poor babies!

Ohhh, I hope they will both be okay! I use ACV in the water as well, it is really good for them. Hopefully, your poodle will learn to love the ducklings instead of nipping at them.
hugs.gif

Can you hear pepping? I love to hear peeping. 
I heard a bit of peeping, and the hole is bigger now and I can see it's beak move and the other one I saw moving has also pipped and I had candles the 3rd one and it has internally pipped :D

Last edited:
Hi, I have 4 Muscovy ducks. I need help figuring out if 1 is a male, it's pure white, and larger than the others, it grew faster and got its red face thingy quicker than its sister. I can't tell if it hisses as all of them chatter and stuff to each other so I can't really tell. It's starting to grab on to the backs of the 1 other duck and sit on it, is this a dominance thing or is it a male trying to mate? I'm new to this, so I'm sorry if I sound stupid.

Back
Top Bottom