The Duck Thread

Ahah ok thanks
smile.png
They sure are cute, would like to give some advise, keeping them on slippery news paper can cause spraddle leg they need to be on something where they can get traction when walking like old towels that can be shaken out and washed or pine shavings. Towels are best for first week.

forgot to add the lil Lucky if solid brown maybe Khaki Campbell, What color is Daffy hard to tell in the pic.

Last edited:
That is so precious!! Congrats. anymore hatching? 
it has one sibling out and probably good to go but another one with a severe umbilical hernia. My A/C went out and it got HOT upstairs, so it thickened the inner membrane and it was so thick/gelatinous that the later ducklings couldn't pip internally properly. Anyway, sprayed the umbilicus with some veterycin, so we'll see how it goes, God willing.

Sorry about the first one, they are on my shoulder area and I can't see the viewer when I take the picture myself. My husband took the second picture.

it has one sibling out and probably good to go but another one with a severe umbilical hernia. My A/C went out and it got HOT upstairs, so it thickened the inner membrane and it was so thick/gelatinous that the later ducklings couldn't pip internally properly. Anyway, sprayed the umbilicus with some veterycin, so we'll see how it goes, God willing.

Sorry about the first one, they are on my shoulder area and I can't see the viewer when I take the picture myself. My husband took the second picture.
They are adorable.
love.gif

They sure are cute, would like to give some advise, keeping them on slippery news paper can cause spraddle leg they need to be on something where they can get traction when walking like old towels that can be shaken out and washed or pine shavings. Towels are best for first week. 
Ok thank you so much I had noticed thAt he was sort of slipping when he tried to walk, so I have put on top of the newspaper and old towel
they're so funny there just non stop moving!! :lol:

Ok thank you so much I had noticed thAt he was sort of slipping when he tried to walk, so I have put on top of the newspaper and old towel they're so funny there just non stop moving!!
lol.png
Good for you better to not have spraddle leg.
smile.png
their like lil wind up toys and so cute. keep up with the pics so we can watch how much they change over the next weeks, it's amazing.

forgot to add the lil Lucky if solid brown maybe Khaki Campbell, What color is Daffy hard to tell in the pic. 

Btw daffy is solid back with bits of yell round his eyes and belly :)

Good for you better to not have spraddle leg. :)    their like lil wind up toys and so cute. keep up with the pics so we can watch how much they change over the next weeks, it's amazing. 
ahah I know it's so fun just to sit and watch them, and ok :) there is 4 chicks pipped aswell do maybe there'll be some hatched by the morning :D

Last edited:
Btw daffy is solid back with bits of yell round his eyes and belly
smile.png

ahah I know it's so fun just to sit and watch them, and ok
smile.png
there is 4 chicks pipped aswell do maybe there'll be some hatched by the morning
big_smile.png
Maybe daffy is a mix but it will be interesting to see how they change over the next couple of weeks. he could also be blk swedish.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom