The Duck Thread

thank you! he is Cayuga/pekin, she is pure Cayuga. apparently, (knew knowledge) the Cayuga grow white feathers back after the males pluck out the feathers during mating. I think we want another one for him, but right now this is good. they will be getting their own coop and pond over the summer! can't believe he hasn't even come down to introduce himself!

Well I stopped at the farm today after dr appointment and got our Frick his lady! Meet Mrs. Frick! lol But....Frick still has not left the guarding of the broody hens! not even to come meet his new wife!
Cute pics :) your new girl is beautiful. Maybe Mr. Frick is protesting his arranged marriage. Lol! It will be adorable when he warms up and they start walking around together.

I might resist the arrangement at first too! Haha! The goal is to get him to loosen up on my white chicken. See, he is even guarding the coop while she sits on her clutch! I am sure Mrs is enjoying the break from the male ego right now! Haha!

Thank you. She is pure Cayuga. No idea of age though. He's cayuga/pekin. Got them from the same local farm.

I have 3 female and 1 male Cayuga ducklings that will be a week old this Wednesday. I am excited to see how the females will eventually look. She's gorgeous! Frick must be blind not to fall head over tail for her.

Last edited:
we bought 6 ducks yesterday

titus our older cayuga drake
no name another young cayuga drake
oden our silver welsh harlequin i think is he a welsh harlequin
cayuga hen named raven
no name rouen drake???

heres one more i forgot

junie our cayuga that was beat up by a drake
our cross i think theres rouen and welsh in him

Making progress on my duck box! :)

Back