The Duck Thread

Well you pretty much summed it up, if you get hatching eggs it's usually a 50/50 ratio or pretty close to it.  with ducklings you can order just what you want. :)

I know and I'm worried about that. What about if I ordered two eggs of the two breeds I wanted and then when I knew they were a couple days from hatching, I ordered one or two female ducklings so I knew I would more likely than not have more females than males?

My 7wk olds don't understand the concept of frozen water
What is this cold stuff keeping me from my water?!?

I know and I'm worried about that. What about if I ordered two eggs of the two breeds I wanted and then when I knew they were a couple days from hatching, I ordered one or two female ducklings so I knew I would more likely than not have more females than males?
I'd order more than 1-2 females at least 4 females it is better to have more than not enough . Then if you get 2females 2 males out of the eggs that would be 6 females for 2 drakes. Much better odds there.

I'd order more than 1-2 females at least 4 females it is better to have more than not enough . Then if you get 2females 2 males out of the eggs that would be 6 females for 2 drakes. Much better odds there.

That's true, but that would end up being a lot of ducks to take care of haha.

Well you pretty much summed it up, if you get hatching eggs it's usually a 50/50 ratio or pretty close to it.  with ducklings you can order just what you want. :)
Plus if you incubate them theyre most likely not all going to hatch but if you order them, u can choose how many you want, but i would probably prefer to incubate them, because its more fun and exciting, but its really only up to u!

Naw they are easy to care for. ;)

Haha maybe for you!
So what if I ordered and incubated 4 eggs, two from each breed I want (pekin and black Swedish) and then when they were close to hatching I ordered three female ducklings from each breed.
I would potentionally end up with 10 ducks

Haha maybe for you!
So what if I ordered and incubated 4 eggs, two from each breed I want (pekin and black Swedish) and then when they were close to hatching I ordered three female ducklings from each breed.
I would potentionally end up with 10 ducks
Your math is better than mine I had you with 8 you topped it with 10, we'll go with yours.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom