The Duck Thread

They're getting huge!

I have a question I noticed that my one duck when it poops its kindA has a solid turd along with like watery with it.. today I had them out the cage in my basement and it pooped with a turd with a like white mucus circle around it... Could it be sick

I think that I have seen the same thing a lot without it ever amounting to anything... Duck poop is something else, lots of textures and Colours that look odd :sick... But of course I'm not sure, personally I'd keep a close watch...

I have a question I noticed that my one duck when it poops its kindA has a solid turd along with like watery with it.. today I had them out the cage in my basement and it pooped with a turd with a like white mucus circle around it... Could it be sick[/quote

Sounds like normal duck poop to me. Its especially lovely when they get out of the fence( which they do everyday) and poop all over the driveway.

Totally agree but Muscovys (hens at least) are better flyers and will roost and perch in high places, so there's a thought....
My Rouen drake tried to defend his girls from a fox recently, I saw it all and of course intervened...
aren't geese good "gaurd dogs"? They will run off humans anyway...

Another option, though more costly than Brewers yeast, is nutritional yeast... Just thought I'd mention that.
smile.png
Never seen a human attack a goose with it's teeth. which a predator can do, Geese can sound a warning if something is around but have no way of defending anything that has teeth or claws. Geese are mainly bluff.

Are rouens quite? And are Cayugas quite?
My Cayuga is quieter but they all can be loud. All my girls will scream at me but they aren't nonstop loud. Ducks in general are louder than chickens unless you get males. Out of all my girls the runners are the most talkative but they all have their moments. If noise is going to be a big factor you may want to think about Muscovies or males.

My Cayuga is quieter but they all can be loud. All my girls will scream at me but they aren't nonstop loud. Ducks in general are louder than chickens unless you get males. Out of all my girls the runners are the most talkative but they all have their moments. If noise is going to be a big factor you may want to think about Muscovies or males.

How loud we talkn? Like rooster loud?!

Back
Top Bottom