The Duck Thread

We are awfully close. I'm expecting ducklings any day now. And more not far out with two other potential nests en route. Once I figure out the fertility of the eggs I would love to share them. Planning on sending some to @birdman55 at some point if he still wants ducks. Mallard or Swedish black x.
I visit the valley weekly pm me if you want some eggs in the future.

That's awesome =) I used to live in Greely hill and I went to school in Mariposa, it's beautiful up there =)

To funny. Your the closest person in the byc world I've met so far besides littleblu just outside of Oakhurst. Who I got the swedes from in the first place. Lol. And thats crazy you went to school here. What year did you graduate?

Technically I went to spring hill continuation in the home studies program ;) but I graduated early in 05 =) I've lived up there on and off since I was three, love the air up there and all the pine. I haven't been back since the great big fire tho... Don't want to see it =(

Last edited:
I need some help please I have a duckling that was born with some help yesterday at 8:30 am. It is so weak, sleeps, will not drink or eat not really walking around! This is the only one that hatched and I have posted asking for help on so many treads!! I am giving it Nutri - drench and electrolytes with a dropper! Is there anything more I can do??

I need some help please I have a duckling that was born with some help yesterday at 8:30 am. It is so weak, sleeps, will not drink or eat not really walking around! This is the only one that hatched and I have posted asking for help on so many treads!! I am giving it Nutri - drench and electrolytes with a dropper! Is there anything more I can do??
I am not an expert but it sounds like you are doing pretty much all you can do. Continue with the love and a little contact. There are more skilled duck people here and hopefully they will also comment soon. Bless you and the little duck. Let us know of any change.

I am not an expert but it sounds like you are doing pretty much all you can do. Continue with the love and a little contact. There are more skilled duck people here and hopefully they will also comment soon. Bless you and the little duck. Let us know of any change.
Thank you

Awww poor little sweet baby. I agree, just keep doing what you are doing, and hopefully someone with more knowledge of duck ailments comes along. Hope your duckling gets better soon
2764.png

What a little cutie! I think now is just the waiting game. I do know sometimes it takes a little while for them to get on their feet and for the first 24-48 hours they don't need food or water since they are still living off their yoke.

My ducks were watching a Grackle fight today. They were all standing in a circle watching them! They would follow them around the yard and I got the last little bit on video. At the end I think Sky tried to break it up and they got her, lol. She is fine and just ran away.
0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom