The Duck Thread

@Debs Flock , owned many ducks in my life and never suspected coccidiosis in them. Another thing... ducks get a different type of coccidiosis than chickens.

-Kathy

Hi everyone
1f60b.png
I hope you don't mind me popping in lol
I just wanted to show off some of my duckies
1f60b.png

In total I have 4. 2 Rouen, 1 Peking, and 1 runner. My oldest are 3 that are almost a month old and my 1 youngest is three weeks old. I'm certain my youngest is a girl, and I just found out I have 2 boy and 1 girl of my older ones. I'm gonna have to give one to someone else though :( because I won't be able to keep all them separated when it cod to breeding and he has kind of a grudge against me since I won't let him get to injury my little baby duckling. And I would rather have just 1 boy considering I was told I had 2 girls and 1 boy
1f648.png
but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop loving him till I find someone who can take him!
1f60b.png
he could be a sweet boy, just doesn't like me :/
1f602.png
along with trying to figure out who and when I should give him away, I'm also thinking about buying a new little khaki duckling to keep my littlest company in the brooder while the other three are gonna get o move into the back yard here reallllllyyyyy soon!

Should I do that with her? Since she loves being with the other ducks but can't be really now since their moving outside
1f614.png

See I had the coop pinned half off for her and my one girl to stay in and the boys on the other side. So she spent days and nights with them in the garage with the heat lamp on the girls side. But now since their stinkin up the house to high heaven mom said it's time to move outside lol. So now she will be lonenly. And she's a special duck because she was born smaller then what she should have been and she hasn't started getting her feather or anything yet. This coming weekend she should start but I haven't seen much change with her baby down just yet. But rooting it will change soon!
1f603.png

Noowwww pictures!!
263a.png

So should I go get another baby to keep my smaller one company??

HI BYC! Just checking to to let you know I really haven't dropped off the map. Well, mostly. I'm a small business owner, and business has been booming, so I haven't had much forum time to stop by and visit. I miss this place! https://goo.gl/photos/dzqAr42868Vc4GNd8 [/URL] My girls are all grown up now! We have fixed the pool... there is 3/4 round gravel (smooth round river rock) around it to keep the mud out of the pool and help with drainage. They LOVE their pool. There is a drain in the bottom that drains down into about a foot (or more) of gravel, it's working well so far. Hard to get the mud out of the bottom, but it's doable.
What a great time.. Duck television is better than reality T.V. :frow Thanks for the video..

Hi everyone
1f60b.png
I hope you don't mind me popping in lol
I just wanted to show off some of my duckies
1f60b.png

In total I have 4. 2 Rouen, 1 Peking, and 1 runner. My oldest are 3 that are almost a month old and my 1 youngest is three weeks old. I'm certain my youngest is a girl, and I just found out I have 2 boy and 1 girl of my older ones. I'm gonna have to give one to someone else though :( because I won't be able to keep all them separated when it cod to breeding and he has kind of a grudge against me since I won't let him get to injury my little baby duckling. And I would rather have just 1 boy considering I was told I had 2 girls and 1 boy
1f648.png
but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop loving him till I find someone who can take him!
1f60b.png
he could be a sweet boy, just doesn't like me :/
1f602.png
along with trying to figure out who and when I should give him away, I'm also thinking about buying a new little khaki duckling to keep my littlest company in the brooder while the other three are gonna get o move into the back yard here reallllllyyyyy soon!

Should I do that with her? Since she loves being with the other ducks but can't be really now since their moving outside
1f614.png

See I had the coop pinned half off for her and my one girl to stay in and the boys on the other side. So she spent days and nights with them in the garage with the heat lamp on the girls side. But now since their stinkin up the house to high heaven mom said it's time to move outside lol. So now she will be lonenly. And she's a special duck because she was born smaller then what she should have been and she hasn't started getting her feather or anything yet. This coming weekend she should start but I haven't seen much change with her baby down just yet. But rooting it will change soon!
1f603.png

Noowwww pictures!!
263a.png

Great photos.. Keep them coming

Back
Top Bottom