The Duck Thread

They look like chocolate Muscovy's.. You'll love them they are the quietest duck breed..our still make some noise, soft chirps .. If you have a drake he will have more of a hoarse noise.. Will they eat out of your hand? Well, if you don't have duck's already and you decide to keep them you just became one blessed family.. Duck egg's are exquisite, better than our chicken egg's..your rooster did not bother them?? They are beautiful..
I do have other 2 ducks, a khaki and a swedish. The girls have adopted these two and are teaching them proper duck stuff and important life skills. These two are definitely more social and friendly then my two older girls. I'm glad they are going to be quiet, my other two are mouthy and loud!
Can you put ducks and baby chickens together or no cause I have ducks and I wants some chickens.?.?.

My ducks and my chickens are together. They have a 4x6 coop, in an enclosed 12x12 run. They are let out every afternoon to run around the yard and forage for a few hours every day. I do not have a pool in the run to keep it dry since ducks are super messy and love to splash. The ducks have a rubber feed pan full of water to play in every day. I move it around to keep a mud puddle from forming. The chickens have a nipple water bucket so that they always have fresh water that the ducks can't contaminate. My roosters deal with the ducks and are not aggressive toward the ducklings, they all get along like one happy little flock.

I do have other 2 ducks, a khaki and a swedish. The girls have adopted these two and are teaching them proper duck stuff and important life skills. These two are definitely more social and friendly then my two older girls. I'm glad they are going to be quiet, my other two are mouthy and loud! 

My ducks and my chickens are together. They have a 4x6 coop, in an enclosed 12x12 run. They are let out every afternoon to run around the yard and forage for a few hours every day. I do not have a pool in the run to keep it dry since ducks are super messy and love to splash. The ducks have a rubber feed pan full of water to play in every day. I move it around to keep a mud puddle from forming. The chickens have a nipple water bucket so that they always have fresh water that the ducks can't contaminate. My roosters deal with the ducks and are not aggressive toward the ducklings, they all get along like one happy little flock. 

Thank you but do you think my female will treat the baby chicks like her own or will the drake try to attack them???

Ok, any ideas?!?!? The yellow one is pekin x mallard, it's the browns IDK?!?!?

That's momma (molting) Dad looked similar!

Last edited:
So how old does the male and female have to be when the female duck starts to lay eggs???
1f615.png
Mating can start as young as 5 months eggs usually come with in the month, every duck is different though. I have Muscovy's so those that say hatched in spring or summer of 2015 won't begin mating and laying till spring 2016

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom