The Duck Thread

Can someone please send me a link or temp and humidity for my duck eggs. Trying for round 2. I would appreciate any help

Still air or fan? 101 for still air, 99-100 for fan. I would start at around 30% humidity and check the air cells on day 5-7 and see how they are looking. Adjust from there. JMHO. Good luck!

Still air or fan? 101 for still air, 99-100 for fan. I would start at around 30% humidity and check the air cells on day 5-7 and see how they are looking. Adjust from there. JMHO. Good luck!
A LG 9300 still air it's my 2nd attempt at hatching...a little nerve wrecking

Had these thermometers stable for more than two days, now that the eggs are in they are flunctuating in humidity and temp. The one with the incubator says 100 degrees and the other 106. What should I do? Help!
1f631.png
1f631.png

Curious about that waterer. Our pen was AWFUL last winter (michigan) ...at one point the only person entrance door froze shut. Is that their only water source in the winter? How big do you cut the holes?

I agree last winter was horrible! We are in Gaylord, the heart of the snow belt. This is our first time with chickens & ducks. I bought an old corner stand up shower bottom piece that our water will sit on/in so we don't experience an indoor ice rink :) (I LOVE seeing what the Habitat f Humanity store has)

Had these thermometers stable for more than two days, now that the eggs are in they are flunctuating in humidity and temp. The one with the incubator says 100 degrees and the other 106. What should I do? Help!
1f631.png
1f631.png

Does the LG comes with a little thermometer hooked to paper/plastic?? That's too big of a temp difference to assume its somewhere in between. you should test them to see which is correct. Or could placement in the incubator be that much different? Maybe swap them and see how they read, then test them. You could have cooler/hotter spots inside.

We couldn't get anyone to care for them so we set them up with a kiddie pool that was covered and only allowed their heads to go in and get water. They had a gravity feeder and plenty of room to always have a dry place to lay down. I'm thinking her nares are clogged a bit. I'm gonna give her a warm bath later on. As far as listening to her chest, she really doesn't like to be held in any way so that would be really hard to do.
Add some Apple Cider Vinegar to their drinking water, 1-2 Tab to 1 gallon and let her wash her head and drink it ACV is good for them.

So we just started getting eggs last week (17 weeks old) 1 confirmed chicken, 1 unidentified chicken (1 of our 2 EE since it was a green egg) and an unidentified duck. This morning when I went to let them out and there were 2 duck eggs. Can anybody help me figure who's laying? We have 2 Rouen & 1 Peking.

I agree last winter was horrible! We are in Gaylord, the heart of the snow belt. This is our first time with chickens & ducks. I bought an old corner stand up shower bottom piece that our water will sit on/in so we don't experience an indoor ice rink :) (I LOVE seeing what the Habitat f Humanity store has)

Last year was bad wasn't it? (We are in the thumb, but three of our rescue ducks were from Gaylord!) Last year was our first, too, with ducks. We did have a skating rink and the door froze shut and we had quite the ice sculpture growing. Even the heated dog waterers couldn't keep up during that couple weeks of -30. (Already thinking to winter...how sad am I?? Must be a Michigander) Also love the Restore!!

Does the LG comes with a little thermometer hooked to paper/plastic?? That's too big of a temp difference to assume its somewhere in between. you should test them to see which is correct. Or could placement in the incubator be that much different? Maybe swap them and see how they read, then test them. You could have cooler/hotter spots inside.
Yes it has plastic, I also have a digital and just today I found the one I used for my desert lizard. I'm gonna compare the readings in about an hour

Back
Top Bottom