The Duck Thread

I just wanted to share a couple pictures of my duck family. I was given a pekin hen, and then found her a beautiful drake, I don't know his breed, but when she started laying next to my house, I gave her some nesting material and she started setting on 6 eggs, they all hatched, but we lost 2 babies. All 4 have made it to adulthood, and they are gorgeous mixes! When they stand up to flap their wings, they have white o their chests and look like penguins, lol
Great stuff! I think it's so sweet when people use terms like "duck family" instead of things like "flock."

Congratulations!

Great stuff! I think it's so sweet when people use terms like "duck family" instead of things like "flock."

Congratulations!

Hey now! What's wrong with Flock?
big_smile.png
wink.png

I just wanted to share a couple pictures of my duck family. I was given a pekin hen, and then found her a beautiful drake, I don't know his breed, but when she started laying next to my house, I gave her some nesting material and she started setting on 6 eggs, they all hatched, but we lost 2 babies. All 4 have made it to adulthood, and they are gorgeous mixes! When they stand up to flap their wings, they have white o their chests and look like penguins, lol
Your drake must be a Cayuga. Your babes look like mine do!

Your drake must be a Cayuga. Your babes look like mine do!
Congrats on adding new one's to you duck family..:frow

Well hawks really do not fly after sun set but Owl's do and a little Fox leaves little to no tracks ,,,, I watched a Fox step on one of my
#2 traps with out setting it off and after about a half hour of eating the bacon off the different traps I had to shoot the fox tricky little critters ...

Would an owl be able to get both?

Not likely on a single visit.. Keep us posted..

clap.gif
@Kaessa Yay! You're still among us! Thanks for sharing. Hope all is well with you & the family!!

Things are well, I've just been insanely busy with my business (working on building two websites, tech support, AND all of the associated networking stuff that goes on when building a new business).

Ducks, dogs and cats are all doing great, we even got the old dog on new meds so he feels like a puppy again. Poke has a case of bumblefoot that I'm treating, and everyone else seems to be fine. No eggs from the youngsters yet, but Peek and Poke are still cranking them out like champs.

Back
Top Bottom