The Duck Thread

I don't think I'd be too worried about a single day, especially since she laid one in addition to the soft one yesterday. Pekins are good egg producers, but they typically don't lay every single day year-round anyway. I might be getting a little concerned if she doesn't lay again by Saturday, but not right now if she seems okay otherwise.
Oyster shells. Most often an egg without a shell indicates a calcium deficiency.

So I got home from work tonite and this egg was laying in the middle of their floor. Not as bad as the one yesterday but flimpsy, I touch it and it dents in then rolls back into shape. So I decided to take the eggs out of her nest. After I counted them, I realized there were 6 meaning she laid one earlier and this almost shell less one is once again her second of the day. Why is she laying two again? The first one is hard as a rock, almost impossible to crack open. The second one is flimsy. Im still baffled. So I left 3 in the nest and took 3 not that she cared I even took them. After cracking them open, they are fertile. Can I still feed them to the ducks if their fertile? And the huge egg I have yet to crack, I'm scared something is in it!!!!!

So I got home from work tonite and this egg was laying in the middle of their floor. Not as bad as the one yesterday but flimpsy, I touch it and it dents in then rolls back into shape. So I decided to take the eggs out of her nest. After I counted them, I realized there were 6 meaning she laid one earlier and this almost shell less one is once again her second of the day. Why is she laying two again? The first one is hard as a rock, almost impossible to crack open. The second one is flimsy. Im still baffled. So I left 3 in the nest and took 3 not that she cared I even took them. After cracking them open, they are fertile. Can I still feed them to the ducks if their fertile? And the huge egg I have yet to crack, I'm scared something is in it!!!!!

I open the big egg, it had a dbl yolk but it wasn't fertile.

Random question, does anyone have one or two female pekin or jumbo pekin ducks for sale? I need some for my lonely drake. Thanks!

I have a few dozen eggs on their way to me right now. Im sure ill get a few females out of there. And we definitely wont be able to keep all of them lol ill let you know in about a month if you would like.

Back
Top Bottom