The Duck Thread

I've tried through their tummy and through their water, lol. We built this pond just for them, well and me too i guess... no longer filling and emptying swimming pools, yet they still don't appreciate me
sad.png

That's a beautiful pond, listen your ducks do appreciate you they just aren't ready to let you know yet.
wink.png
I actually have 1 duck out of 8 that will let me pick him up and cuddle him yes it's a drake and We raised him in the house and he bonded so tight to dh and I even after 4 years we're still his mama and daddy. All the rest of my ducks will eat out of my hand but if I even act like I am going to touch or try to hold one they are gone in a split sec. It is just the way it is with ducks we're their slaves. If I was a duck I sure would appreciate that gorgeous pond. But I doubt I'd let you pet me or cuddle me that is just the way of ducks.. Is your pond spring fed?

Hey all! Happy almost Halloween :)

Just popping in with a few pics of some of the crew.

Pearl

Oakley, love her feathered nare LOL

Pogo knows he is a stud

Louie, I will be so sad to see him go next spring (babies first)

Little Duck, she is still so runty

Wobbles, holy hormones batman! He now shows me how much he loves me by removing skin from my hands, legs...whatever he can reach. It is not that he is mean but he has a funny way of showing his love. I now have to keep the food can lid between us lol.

Hey all! Happy almost Halloween :) Just popping in with a few pics of some of the crew. Pearl Oakley, love her feathered nare LOL Pogo knows he is a stud Louie, I will be so sad to see him go next spring (babies first) Little Duck, she is still so runty Wobbles, holy hormones batman! He now shows me how much he loves me by removing skin from my hands, legs...whatever he can reach. It is not that he is mean but he has a funny way of showing his love. I now have to keep the food can lid between us lol.
I love them. All are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

That's a beautiful pond, listen your ducks do appreciate you they just aren't ready to let you know yet.
wink.png
I actually have 1 duck out of 8 that will let me pick him up and cuddle him yes it's a drake and We raised him in the house and he bonded so tight to dh and I even after 4 years we're still his mama and daddy. All the rest of my ducks will eat out of my hand but if I even act like I am going to touch or try to hold one they are gone in a split sec. It is just the way it is with ducks we're their slaves. If I was a duck I sure would appreciate that gorgeous pond. But I doubt I'd let you pet me or cuddle me that is just the way of ducks.. Is your pond spring fed?
Thank you. No spring but water from my wash machine runs into it and we have a well that we fill it when needed. Right now we are getting so much rain we don't even use the well. Ah at least you have one you can cuddle and still feel our pain a bit because of the others
smile.png
I keep telling myself these are the teenage years and some day they will show me love, lol.

Pearl

Pogo knows he is a stud

Wobbles, holy hormones batman! He now shows me how much he loves me by removing skin from my hands, legs...whatever he can reach. It is not that he is mean but he has a funny way of showing his love. I now have to keep the food can lid between us lol.

I love them. All are so cute. Thanks for sharing.
X2

Pearl

Pogo knows he is a stud

What cute ducks.

Thanks everyone. They have been my bright spot lately. Still battling lymes with our sweet dog and our little old lady Chihuahua passed away in her sleep last week. It has been a rough year and the ducks can get me laughing even in the middle of the tears. I've been lurking on the forum, enjoying all of the photos and stories to keep my mind busy. Thanks for providing me a happy place.

Thank you. No spring but water from my wash machine runs into it and we have a well that we fill it when needed. Right now we are getting so much rain we don't even use the well. Ah at least you have one you can cuddle and still feel our pain a bit because of the others
smile.png
I keep telling myself these are the teenage years and some day they will show me love, lol.

X2
X3!
Love the pics Wobbles

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom