The Duck Thread

Hi everyone! My name is Denise and I am fairly new to easing ducks. My male and female Peking ducks were hatched in April. I have a question I hope someone can give me some clarification for. My female has recently moulted, but her feathers have now come back in pale yellow. Is that normal? At first, I thought she was dirty and needed her pool water changed. Now that she has fully changed over, I've noticed her whole body is this pale yellow color instead of pure white like my male. Has this happened to anyone else?
It's very normal in white birds and she will turn back white again as her new feathers grow. Welcome!

Does anyone know how to take care of a broody duck? We've had a couple try but they keep giving up. One had her eggs eaten by a snake then tried to incubate infertile ones, the other just gave up because it was getting cold. We know the mothball trick that keeps away snakes, but do you have any other tips?

Thank all of you for your encouraging words and for letting me vent! Lol I know your all right, I know in my heart wheat I have to do, its just hard. But it has to be done. As for ry ry, I tell her she's a big sister all the time but she will always be our basby girl. Thasnk goodness, this baby's a boy. She is the only female child in the ENTIRE family on both sides so she's spoiled rotten. We got her a baby doll already and we got her a bunch of baby doll stuff for Xmas so it will improve... Lol..I knoiw there will probably be some jealousy. Yet, she is my lil helper with everything! Mama's mini me! Its too cute! It will all work out. You girls are great!!!!
hugs.gif
fl.gif
I am glad so many great and kind people are here on these threads. You can vent anytime you want. It is nice to come to a place such as this. We all care for each other and it is a very refreshing forum away from the stress of life.

I wanted to stop in and thank you all for the kind words for my sweet little dog.

I am adjusting to our new normal and it is such a hard adjustment. Willow must of known I was having a hard morning today because when I let the ducks out to roam for a bit he/she did not want to leave my side. She (probably a boy but I cannot stop saying she) followed me back to the temp pen when Sara (blue scovy behind me) got confused on how to get out of the pen and I had to go help him (Sara) find the door. Willow came in the pen with me and then followed me back out to my blanket and laid right by me. She stayed almost the entire time the ducks had roaming time today. She made me feel much better.
love.gif

I wanted to stop in and thank you all for the kind words for my sweet little dog. I am adjusting to our new normal and it is such a hard adjustment. Willow must of known I was having a hard morning today because when I let the ducks out to roam for a bit he/she did not want to leave my side. She (probably a boy but I cannot stop saying she) followed me back to the temp pen when Sara (blue scovy behind me) got confused on how to get out of the pen and I had to go help him (Sara) find the door. Willow came in the pen with me and then followed me back out to my blanket and laid right by me. She stayed almost the entire time the ducks had roaming time today. She made me feel much better. :love
Awe, so precious. Your babies are wonderful. Very touching photo. Sweet.

Awe, so precious. Your babies are wonderful. Very touching photo. Sweet.
Most of the time they are great ;) Wobbles has been kind of a butt recently. I'm thinking his hormones hit hard. The other day he actually tried to kill my boots and he now gets so excited to see us that he bites super hard every single time. We know he loves us, it is clear he wants attention but then just gets crazy. Hoping he doesn't stay like this forever and it is a passing phase. Love him regardless but I would love to be able to give him the love he wants (head scratches and cuddles).

Also, I got a new camera so in coming days be prepared for a photo flood. I have a ton I need to upload!

I wanted to stop in and thank you all for the kind words for my sweet little dog. I am adjusting to our new normal and it is such a hard adjustment. Willow must of known I was having a hard morning today because when I let the ducks out to roam for a bit he/she did not want to leave my side. She (probably a boy but I cannot stop saying she) followed me back to the temp pen when Sara (blue scovy behind me) got confused on how to get out of the pen and I had to go help him (Sara) find the door. Willow came in the pen with me and then followed me back out to my blanket and laid right by me. She stayed almost the entire time the ducks had roaming time today. She made me feel much better. :love
How sweet and a great pic.

Back
Top Bottom