The Duck Thread

Sorry to randomly post - My husband had an accident with the table saw on Thursday! :/ Lost two fingers and has one fused at the knuckle. ~Ugh~

Yesterday when I went out one of the ducks was stuck in the baby pool. My husband had taken out the bricks not realizing they couldn't get out. (He's on some heavy meds, so no telling why he took the bricks out to begin with.) It was sooo cold! We had frost. I took "her" inside and warmed her up. Poor little feet were red though. She has seemed fine since. Hopefully she wasn't stuck in the water for too long. I'm calling Cotton a she because it is the smaller of the two pekins.

I did hear one duck quack!! Not sure which one it was though. I kind of scared them when I came around the corner carrying some rakes.
We have two rouen and two pekin. One of the pekin is slightly smaller than the other, so maybe a male and female? Not a huge size difference though. The two rouen are the same size as each other, so two of the same.
OUCH!!! I lost an argument with a table-saw a few years back and part of my thumb. But two fingers and damage to a 3rd. I can't even imagine. My best to your husband.

The little one is probably just fine. They are a lot more resilient than we give them credit for.

Is there a hatchery close by? I ordered mine from Ideal Hatchery in Cameron, TX and picked them up instead of having them sent in the mail. Get them sexed that way you will have what you want. I wanted only females. I got 5 ducklings 2 weeks ago and they were healthy and thriving. 1 Pekin, 2 Cayuga and 2 Blue Swedish. Good luck!
I live in teague tx and I'm having trouble finding a hatchery close by. I have three Black runners I got from tractor supply I'm almost 100% positive my Bandit is a Drake. Spaze and Lucky are both Ducks. I think they are around three weeks old. What do you think?
[/IMG] This is a picture of Spaze.

Last edited:
I live in teague tx and I'm having trouble finding a hatchery close by. I have three Black runners I got from tractor supply I'm almost 100% positive my Bandit is a Drake. Spaze and Lucky are both Ducks. I think they are around three weeks old. What do you think?
[/URL] This is a picture of Spaze.
Looks like you are a little over 80 miles from Cameron Texas which is where Ideal Poultry is located. They have Black Runners for a little over 7 buck each and if you pick them up you can avoid the minimum.

Looks like you are a little over 80 miles from Cameron Texas which is where Ideal Poultry is located. They have Black Runners for a little over 7 buck each and if you pick them up you can avoid the minimum.
Do they have any Cayuga's because I'm looking for some Cayuga ducklings or eggs that I can hatch.

I took a road trip today to pick up our new Akbash/G. Pyr. Here he is meeting the ducks. He sat inside the duck house with me while they all came in for the night. Then he went out the duck door instead of waiting for me to open the big door. I think all of the quacking got to him, lol.
Wow, would love to see more pictures of him. He looks beautiful!
He's adorable :)

:love it amazes me how quickly they grow. SO BEAUTIFUL!  Black ducks are really eye catching.  I have two black swedish from Bugs that I want to keep so badly but they are boys:(
you can always get a grown female or two and or Give away or sell one of the males.

Back
Top Bottom