The Duck Thread

This morning one of my runners has a raspy voice. I ran her/him down and rubbed its neck. Didn't fill anything...he/she looks like everyone else. Nothing different. Any ideas what might be going on? Didn't notice this yesterday or last night when i put them up for the night. Yes it's drinking and eating this morning and man the little thing ia fast. Lol :idunno

This morning one of my runners has a raspy voice. I ran her/him down and rubbed its neck. Didn't fill anything...he/she looks like everyone else. Nothing different. Any ideas what might be going on? Didn't notice this yesterday or last night when i put them up for the night. Yes it's drinking and eating this morning and man the little thing ia fast. Lol
idunno.gif
How old are they? Changing to a raspy "quack" is often one of the first signs that you have a drake.

Two of my Khaki Campbell girls have been missing for the last two weeks but today they came out for water and one of them I managed to follow back to her nest and found she has 8 ducks eggs in her nest
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
so happy they are well and congratulations on the lings!

What kind of a bite? Dog, snake? Clean the bite with hydrogen peroxide, keep her warm. Be sure she has water and feed close, she will probably be okay. It is amazing what kind of injuries they can recover from!
Thank you she seems much better already I think I saved her just in time from a cayote/dog but it came back the next day and unfortunelty took one of my other females :( I'm keeping a close eye on them now because I fear whatever it was has seen my poor ducks as an easy meal

Back
Top Bottom