The Duck Thread

Is this normal. I was outside watching my ducks eat there evening snack and one of the males was beside me and he was cleaning and all that and the next thing I new his boy ducky part (penis) came out and hit the ground. I didn't know ducks did that like Bulls, horses, dogs and all them other boys that just let it hang out like that. ;) ;)

So they DO! I never knew that!

Is this normal. I was outside watching my ducks eat there evening snack and one of the males was beside me and he was cleaning and all that and the next thing I new his boy ducky part (penis) came out and hit the ground. I didn't know ducks did that like Bulls, horses, dogs and all them other boys that just let it hang out like that.
wink.png
wink.png

I have never noticed Bean's just coming out without his being engaged with Carmella or Hazel. So I would watch your boy. Phallus prolapse can be serious. His tool should remain in the shed unless needed. It can get infected, and other birds will go after it as if it were a worm or a caterpillar.

I have never noticed Bean's just coming out without his being engaged with Carmella or Hazel.  So I would watch your boy.  Phallus prolapse can be serious.  His tool should remain in the shed unless needed.  It can get infected, and other birds will go after it as if it were a worm or a caterpillar.
it didn't stay out every long. I would say less then a minute. It popped out and slowly drew back up. Thanks I will keep a eye on him.

I have never noticed Bean's just coming out without his being engaged with Carmella or Hazel.  So I would watch your boy.  Phallus prolapse can be serious.  His tool should remain in the shed unless needed.  It can get infected, and other birds will go after it as if it were a worm or a caterpillar.
Sounds painful!

Do Muscovies need roosts?
Need? not necessarily but they do like to roost.

Is this normal. I was outside watching my ducks eat there evening snack and one of the males was beside me and he was cleaning and all that and the next thing I new his boy ducky part (penis) came out and hit the ground. I didn't know ducks did that like Bulls, horses, dogs and all them other boys that just let it hang out like that.
wink.png
wink.png
I've been noticing Bob's doing this but it seems it happen after he poos. I've been watching for prolapse.

I have never noticed Bean's just coming out without his being engaged with Carmella or Hazel. So I would watch your boy. Phallus prolapse can be serious. His tool should remain in the shed unless needed. It can get infected, and other birds will go after it as if it were a worm or a caterpillar.
X2

How can I build a good coop that protects the ducks from predators?

I personally like the Amazon method

You can find cheaper versions. But whatever you do, think about small crack. Ducks fit through spaces tbat look much smaller than they are. They are mostly just fluff. I'd dig down on edges and surround outside perimeter with heavy logs or bricks to discourage things from digging in.

Back
Top Bottom