The Duck Thread

hello! Anyone know where I can get a quality but inexpensive steel duck cage/ home for two Saxony ducks? Their cage is going to get small soon, and its time for a change. Please respond soon. Thanks

Hey all! I found a 72" x 48" metal cage online for around $60. It is metal and has a waterproof cover. Is this big enough for two Saxony ducks to sleep at night? I give them free range when I am out there with them, but when I'm not, I put them in their enclosure due to predators. Let me know if I should get this for my 2 ducks.
51CVzX41ToL.jpg

or, should I get this 86" L x 40" W metal cage for $70. It is also metal, and has a waterproof cover. please let me know which is the better buy, or if i should get them at all. I will secure both enclosures with zip ties, ropes...etc.

71e2OSPcTkL._SL1500_.jpg

Hey all! I found a 72" x 48" metal cage online for around $60. It is metal and has a waterproof cover. Is this big enough for two Saxony ducks to sleep at night? I give them free range when I am out there with them, but when I'm not, I put them in their enclosure due to predators. Let me know if I should get this for my 2 ducks.
51CVzX41ToL.jpg

or, should I get this 86" L x 40" W metal cage for $70. It is also metal, and has a waterproof cover. please let me know which is the better buy, or if i should get them at all. I will secure both enclosures with zip ties, ropes...etc.

71e2OSPcTkL._SL1500_.jpg
A raccoon can reach between those bars grab your ducks and pull them out piece by piece. They could also flip it over and probably operate most of the latches. You need 1/2" hardware cloth if there are going to potentially be predators in the other side of their enclosure. I have a 6' tall chain-link area which is covered and has 3 runs of electric wire around it. I still have the bottom 4' wrapped on the inside with 1/2" hardware cloth that goes 1' into the ground below the enclosure. Please read how I lost 2 of my flock due to raccoons pulling them through the bars of a "secure" enclosure: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/883393/r-i-p-ebony-and-belle. It is a horrible thing to find and I wouldn't want you to go through it.

Congrats!!! Are the babies Peking or mix?

:) Pekin.

Aww Congrats to that mama and to you!!

Well she did all work. :p

Congratulation, are they all pekin? I have 2 little fluffs as of this morning! Hopefully the rest won't be too scared to hatch with this bad weather we are supposed to have this afternoon!!! I'll get a picture of the new one soon, he looks mallard

:) Looks like it.

Awesome! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom