The Duck Thread

Yeah I ordered two Snowy Mallard females for my snowy call duck boys. If I understand correctly myboys are calls but the ones I bought are Bantam so not the same but close enough for personal flock and selling the mixes if I have extras. They put me in touch with the mail hub in Erie so if they show up tomorrow after my post office is closed we can go get them. Ideal seems to think they'll be okay and will replace again if they have to. Ugh just sucks. I thought I was all set this time.

:hugs

Yeah I ordered two Snowy Mallard females for my snowy call duck boys. If I understand correctly myboys are calls but the ones I bought are Bantam so not the same but close enough for personal flock and selling the mixes if I have extras. They put me in touch with the mail hub in Erie so if they show up tomorrow after my post office is closed we can go get them. Ideal seems to think they'll be okay and will replace again if they have to. Ugh just sucks. I thought I was all set this time.

I wish there was something we could do to help. It makes for such a long day and night when all you can think of is the little lost babies. But you must keep the faith that all will be ok. And look back on this experience and wonder how you ever got thru it.
But of course, I'm mad as hell that anyone could lose a box that's talking to them. It's not as though you could ignore it.

:hugs Dreadful sorry, amigo :/

I let the hatchery know and they can't find package. Apparently they think bad weather delayed it but know idea where. The EEs look great all are up and running. Super scared for the other shipment. Not sure what to do.
Crying with you yooper, I am so nervous for you ducks/chicks shipment. Since there are a lot of them, hopefully the temperature won't be such an issue. How much gro-gel was left in the EEs box? There you can get an idea of how much Ideal ships / bird. If they still have gro-gel today, they should make tomorrow I would think. All you can do is be ready. Make sure you have save-a-chick on hand, sugar, water, maybe some sign board you can make a divider with if necessary in case some are weak to keep them isolated from the others. Multiple makeshift waterer and feeder possibilities for the same reason. (Just some tubs or bottles in case you have to make say 3 zones for a couple days all with their own water and food.) Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. Also you might want to have some vet wrap available before hand in case you have spraddle leg or other issues to deal with from an extended or rough shipment - not a bad thing to have in your first aid kit anyway. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
I just hope these get there safely. It's nice they will replace but goodness you want to finally open a box and see live ducklings.
hugs.gif

Sure wish they could track them down for you.  Happy to hear the lil chicks are up and running.. I have EE's they are great birds. 

Did you order Snowy Mallards? I know one order  was East Indies.

I'm praying for your babies and hoping someone transporting your babies knows poultry and is providing care for them until they get to you.

Gd evening all. Have 4 about 8-9 weeks old. Been reading about fermented feed, said 6 scoops of feed to just under a scoop of scratch. What feed do most use, I've been using a starter/grower mix. Is that good

Im new to raising ducks, so I've just been feeding them dry starter/grower 3x a day, also lettuce, bananas, peas. But if ff helps with keeping them an they're pen in better shape I'd love to start

Gd evening all. Have 4 about 8-9 weeks old. Been reading about fermented feed, said 6 scoops of feed to just under a scoop of scratch. What feed do most use, I've been using a starter/grower mix. Is that good

Do you mean six scoops of feed mixed with a scant scoop of scratch?
I don't offer scratch to ducklings. I also don't feed fermented feed either
Perhaps someone who does feed fermented feed will share.

Ducks 8-9 weeks can eat game grower ration along with small treats of finely chopped greens like lettuce, spinach, or kale, chopped tomato, chopped peas.

Back
Top Bottom