The Duck Thread

Last edited:
I would think you could. If you wanted something a little more natural you could make this, I've done it, probably won't act as fast or give you the same results as corid though.

http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/11/coccidia-coccidiosis-natural-prevention.html?m=1

I will definitely check it out. Right now I'll probably do corrid just because I am freaking out. All it took to get her I really don't want to loose her. Trying not to be mad at hubby because he worked 12 hours every day plus did all of mine and kids chores but the brooder was really dirty for all of them. Haven't really slept yet. Still trying to get everyone cleaned up and switched over. Ugh

@Julie Bird The ducklings are three weeks old today.

Lookie at the little snorkelers and swimmers. Note the orange accessories of webs and bills. They are still fuzz nuggets of yellow. They have grown Dan. I am happy you tagged me. Thank you. I'd never leave the yard. I'd have to hold them one by one and kiss their little faces. EEEEEEEEE!

Lookie at the little snorkelers and swimmers. Note the orange accessories of webs and bills. They are still fuzz nuggets of yellow. They have grown Dan. I am happy you tagged me. Thank you. I'd never leave the yard. I'd have to hold them one by one and kiss their little faces. EEEEEEEEE!

:lau They have indeed grown, they are now a pound. Well three are anyway, my guess is that those are the boys, the other six were about 14 to 12 oz.

:D

She just keeps getting worse. Head has a tremor to it and all of her movments are jerky. She was fine the whole time I was gone. Ahhhhh seriously! I should have stayed home. When i ordered them they were supposed to be 3 or 4 weeks old by Easter so I could leave without having to worry so much. Not three days old. My poor daughter. Hoping she pulls through. Gave her a little corrid. Vitamins and a little molasses in water hoping maybe the extra energy will help. Every time i put her under cave she pushes out a bit so shes in front of it. Shes trying to move around but legs won't cooperate with her. Any other ideas or just wait it out?

I guess its been less then 3 hours since I got home so anything I've done would probably take a little more timr?

Edit. Nevermind she just died ):

Last edited:
My babies are getting so big!!!!! They are 2 weeks today! They are adorable....

They finally figured out the pool yesterday, we relocated it to a permanent location this weekend with a 2" shower drain at the bottom, 110 gallons now drains in under a minute DH is pretty proud of that! They got in yesterday and could not get out without help so the plywood was a quick solution, any suggestions for a better 'ramp' would be appreciated! I'm concerned about the plywood holding up, (I do take it out at night when the babies are penned up) wet plywood is very yummy according to little birds :-/

I use a stack of flat rocks for both inside and outside the 12 inch tall goat water tank we use for the duck pool. Easy to put in and take out for cleaning day.

Sage brush is perfect, Sage is used as a spice in our kitchen and also used as a health supplement. You will find it in the stores with the spices.

Not the same "sage" . Sage brush is a woody bush, while culinary sage is a soft stemmed fuzzy leafed plant.

I guess its been less then 3 hours since I got home so anything I've done would probably take a little more timr?
Edit. Nevermind she just died ):

So sorry to hear this. For your other duck babies, brewer's yeast helps with the weak legs caused by a food deficiency. I use the pill form I get from the vitamin section at the pharmacy. I crush them and sprinkle on their food.

Back
Top Bottom