The Duck Thread

I think I found the real duck thread! I see that The Duck Ladie is here. You helped me with the photos I posted about a week ago.
They are still going strong. Will watch on here and post more photos of the eggs. Hoping I have my guess date right!
Will be needing help as they get closer to lock down.
Photos for those that don't know..had a friend bring by duck eggs for me to put in my bator. Mama was taken by a raccoon. :( Two of the three were viable.

Guessing around 7 or 8 days along here. The night after they were brought to me.

Moving good, and still moving well.
I think they are around day 10.Look like mine did on day 10 (left). Good Luck!

Last edited:
One of my Khaki Campbell ducklings has angel wing, she is five weeks old and her left wing is beginning to stick out. I've reduced their feed from free feeding to twice a day and they go outside quite a bit to forage now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what materials are best for wrapping? Or any methods to reduce stress? Any advice greatly appreciated!!
1f60a.png

@Miss Lydia
Thank you very much!

I plan to use this self sticking medical tape. Of it is only on the left wing do I tape both down?

I have a question Im new here on this site. I have had chickens for over a year and recently got baby ducks they are about 6 weeks old. I noticed I have one that I need to help as it falls on back and head goes limp I help them up and seems fine now. I started putting brewers yeast in food. How often do you do this? Everyday? They are eating chick started as its what the place I got them told me to get seeing I got more baby chicks. Also what do u go to after the starter feed for ducks can they continue to eat the same as chicks?

I have a question Im new here on this site. I have had chickens for over a year and recently got baby ducks they are about 6 weeks old. I noticed I have one that I need to help as it falls on back and head goes limp I help them up and seems fine now. I started putting brewers yeast in food. How often do you do this? Everyday? They are eating chick started as its what the place I got them told me to get seeing I got more baby chicks. Also what do u go to after the starter feed for ducks can they continue to eat the same as chicks?

They need unmediated chick starter is that what you have? And a tablespoon BY per cup of food is what they all here told me. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom