The Duck Thread

I've been giving my 2 week old ducks niacin for a week now for a duck w/ bowed legs and it doesn't seem to be getting better, any tips ??!
Make sure the niacin is NOT time release or non-flush (this is actually a different chemical that doesn't provide benefits to ducklings). The ingredients should list nicotinic acid, not nicotinamide. Or use brewers' yeast or nutritional yeast (not active yeast) The legs may be congenital rather than due to a deficiency. Do you have pictures? That might help our more medically knowledgeable members to isolate the issue better.

It's straight niacin, not flush free or anything, I've been following all the instructions I read and I put it in the water for them... all my ducks are fine except one....

I have read that ducks will lay eggs all year if it is warm enough and if they get 14 hours of daylight. It is not good for them to go more than 18 months laying eggs though because they need to molt.

That was supposed to be a reply to a previous post... obviously it didn't go where I wanted it to.

Well, I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I'm enjoying reading through the thread and looking at all the great duck pictures :). I am in the process of preparing for a couple Cayuga ducks for pest control in my garden. I have been searching for coop ideas and I am ready to build. I have ordered all of my duckling supplies to be ready when my coop is done and I order my ducklings. I am SO excited!!

I can't wait to share my stories and my little cute duck pictures.

That was supposed to be a reply to a previous post... obviously it didn't go where I wanted it to.

Well, I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I'm enjoying reading through the thread and looking at all the great duck pictures :). I am in the process of preparing for a couple Cayuga ducks for pest control in my garden. I have been searching for coop ideas and I am ready to build. I have ordered all of my duckling supplies to be ready when my coop is done and I order my ducklings. I am SO excited!!

I can't wait to share my stories and my little cute duck pictures.

Aww!!! Yay! I love duck pics. You won't regret them :)

Back
Top Bottom