The Duck Thread

Ok, we'll just assume it's a rupture... use gauze (something not cotton ball type so it doesn't stick to the area) very warm water and gently clean the area up a bit... very gently, and don't scrub or pull off any pieces... once cleaned, dab with a bit of iodine or diluted alcohol, whicher you have (do NOT use peroxide)... coat with a bit of antibiotic ointment and see if you can get a tiny bandaid to cover that spot, just make sure you don't cover the vent, it's directly under the tail...

Do you have any kind of an oral antibiotic at all? Anything?

He's doing good, chirping away trying to get up and run around. We've got him nicely wrapped up though

Is diluted alcohol the same as rubbing alcohol?

Wouldn't the band-aid stick to the cut?

And last of all, ☺️ Where could we get a oral antibiotic? We don't have any at the moment.

He's doing good, chirping away trying to get up and run around. We've got him nicely wrapped up though

Is diluted alcohol the same as rubbing alcohol?

Wouldn't the band-aid stick to the cut?

And last of all, ☺️ Where could we get a oral antibiotic? We don't have any at the moment.

Sorry, yes rubbing alcohol, but I would dilute it just a bit with some water, just so it doesn't sting so bad for the little one...

If you have a bandaid the right size, the white square shouldn't stick to it...

Send me a private message, I'll give you some options... :)

269087337073856697%253Faccount_id%253D1
That's what its (mainly) doing...
When did it hatch? It takes a few hours before they are moving around they are exhausted when they hatch it's àlot of work for them. Never feed them in the incubator, they are ok to be in the incubator a couple days, then when they are completely dry you can take them out and put in an already set up brooder with water and chick feed.. Make sure you dip their beak in the water and sprinkle some feed and chick grit on the floor of brooder.

Back
Top Bottom