The Duck Thread

What a sweet looking duck! Poor baby. I've only ever had my chickens get bumble foot and it hasn't been very severe. Hagrid is still recovering from lack of nutrition which shows in the weakness of his legs even though they have gotten a bit stronger and his bill is peeling quite a lot from the lack of vitamins like calcium and protein deficiency. I'm taking it one step at a time though and have seen improvement in the strength of his legs since I've started him on high protein pellets. Even though Hagrid may have had a rough start to life he's on the road to recovery and love his new home along with all his ladies.

My 2 call ducks stayed in their pond til i rallied them into the coop tonight, at a crisp 17°. I noticed their pond had chunks of ice in it that had only not frozen solid because of their movement. I also noticed they had ice stuck to their bills, which i warmed in my hands until it came off. Their coop is warm, full of straw, off the ground, sheltered, and dry. Do I need to worry that the ice gave them frostbite?

What a sweet looking duck! Poor baby. I've only ever had my chickens get bumble foot and it hasn't been very severe. Hagrid is still recovering from lack of nutrition which shows in the weakness of his legs even though they have gotten a bit stronger and his bill is peeling quite a lot from the lack of vitamins like calcium and protein deficiency. I'm taking it one step at a time though and have seen improvement in the strength of his legs since I've started him on high protein pellets. Even though Hagrid may have had a rough start to life he's on the road to recovery and love his new home along with all his ladies.
Awww thank you so much! Aflac is a sweet big guy. I'm so happy that there are people like myself and you and so many others on here that save these amazing birds and animals and give them the best possible life and home. It warms my heart. :)

I've gone crazy and I love it. Hagrid has settled in beautifully with all his ladies and he just got another one. This last Tuesday my brother and I were driving by a college and we spotted a pekin all by itself with no trees or food. So we pulled over and fed it. Then I picked it up and it started quacking so by that time we knew it was a girl. She sat on my lap all the way back to my house where she has settled right in and has become very interested in Hagrid. She's rather shy and I'm wondering if she was abused earlier in her life because any sudden movement is very frightening for her so I have to be extremely gentle when feeding her, but on the positive side she doesn't have any leg issues. She's just obsessed with food. She's one of the cutest ducks I've ever seen with her fluffy cheeks and bright orange bill and feet. I'll see if I can post some pics.

Back
Top Bottom