the dying cackle chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mrbunker, May 26, 2008.

1. mrbunker

mrbunker Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2008
    Southwest WA
    UPDATE

For those that helped with the previous post, I thank you!!!! The dying has slowed and we are left with 4 guinea fowl. I did actually speak with a real human at Cackle on Saturday morning. They apologized and asked how to remedy the situation. I let them know that I had canceled the order and did not feel I should be charged for the shipment. After a bit of waiting, they said my credit card would be reimbursed. I hope this happens! They said they are not able to listen to phone messages or read emails at this time. They are just WAY to busy. I had left the messages a month ago. So just beware if you placed a Cackle order and tried to modify it probably will not happen. Take care and thanks again!!!

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    It is a SHAME that innocent creatures have to DIE due to Cackle's flakey business practices.
    They have ignored my order cancellation & I might end up with 20 chicks dying on my doorstep while I am out of state. I am sending Cackle a certified letter in the morning. Precisely because they are "too busy" to read my 3 e-mails or respond to a voicemail or read 2 faxes. What a load of crap! If they are too busy to attend to customers, they need to slow the heck down; shut off the online ordering option; hire a couple new people; install an auto-respond to the e-mail address stating that this channel of communication will not be attended.
    If they sold shoes, I would not be so unhinged about this...

3. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Whoa! I ordered from Cackle and cannot believe that a company would not read emails or respond to voice messages. That's not very professional and doesn't make good business sense since word spreads quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by