The EE braggers thread!!!

They are all so cute!

My boyfriend and I are still just in the planning stage. I know I want blue eggs. Preferably big one to sell, but whatever I get I'll be happy.

I'm very interested in what I've read in these replies about MPC. I though they were expensive, but what do I know?

So can you recommend what to start with to get a super blue egger of my own? and a black copper morans? I have decent grasp of genetics. (but I don't want it to take 5 yrs, you know?

Some are crossing to Leghorn to get super blue layers . Production type white or light brown Leghorn . F1 hybrids . Good layers due to the Leghorn . Whites probably lay a slightly larger egg than the light browns . Depends on if you want a mostly white bird or more color .

I do know I wish I'd never seen an ameriflower, because that's what I want, lol. I'm realizing fast, that's probably not what I'll get. Big blue egg is what is important. I may have found someone doing that already, I messaged her, so I'll see, I suppose.

Thank you

I got a couple decent shots of my young EE cockerel this morning. His brother (in the background) will be butchered but I'm keeping him. Right now the two brothers hang out together and aren't really permitted to hang with the main flock so I'm hoping he won't get lonely. Maybe my main rooster will let him get closer if it is just the one.
IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1905.JPG

We've had a rough run with our batch of chicks. Two of the five we got in May have died (one from an egg sac that was stuck and caused a bacterial infection at 17 weeks, and the second we're taking in tomorrow for a necropsy), but our EE chicks have hung in there! Keeping our fingers crossed that they'll make it all the way to adulthood and beyond.

20170826_095312.jpg
This is miss Juliet. She laid her first egg today! :celebrateA beautiful olive color. Im so proud especially after bringing her back from near death from a dog attack a month ago. After all her doctoring shes not keen on pictures or coming close to us, unless treats are involved.:p

This gal I thought would lay a blue/green egg, laid me a pretty olive egg. Love it..so..not an EE, but an OE. :) She's by the Marans roo I kept for a while. Man, he was only 4 and a half months here, but looking good. I thought then, if I could just keep him long enough until she started to lay, then I could get me a possible OE layer, because of the blue/green and marans brown mix. Little did I know..she would give me one.
20170724_133634.jpg

Here is her first egg, it's a bit larger now.
IMG_1042.JPG

Back
Top Bottom