The EE braggers thread!!!

I ordered 5 straight run EEs hoping for a rooster or two and I only have one that appears to be semi masculine at 3.5wks. Any other time I've wanted all pullets and gotten an oops or two. Luck of the draw haha

It's early days, though. I try not to count my pullets until after that first juvenile molt, at least.

5 weeks old, now, both still looking feminine to me (they are sexed pullets but I always worry about that whoops...)

Yellow chipmunk is still extremely pastel but has the faintest hints of color in neck and back now (it just refuses to show in photos).

And the blue one. Non-bearded and weird-combed but I like her.

5 weeks old, now, both still looking feminine to me (they are sexed pullets but I always worry about that whoops...)

Yellow chipmunk is still extremely pastel but has the faintest hints of color in neck and back now (it just refuses to show in photos).

And the blue one. Non-bearded and weird-combed but I like her.

I like the contrast in colors from the neck to the back on the dark one. Do you think the odd comb could be a mutated pea comb instead of a mixed comb? I think it's interesting looking.

I like the contrast in colors from the neck to the back on the dark one. Do you think the odd comb could be a mutated pea comb instead of a mixed comb? I think it's interesting looking.

I like the contrast in coloring, too. I'm very curious to see how much patterning there will be after a molt or two.

I really don't know what to make of that comb, though. It seems like two pieced together. I've looked for something like it but haven't yet found a match which does make me wonder if she's a mutant.
1f602.png

I like the contrast in coloring, too. I'm very curious to see how much patterning there will be after a molt or two.

I really don't know what to make of that comb, though. It seems like two pieced together. I've looked for something like it but haven't yet found a match which does make me wonder if she's a mutant.
1f602.png

That comb is likely pea and rose together . Often called cushion , strawberry or walnut . Depends on the shape .

Yes, there are silkies here, too, but this is one of the better pictures of the 6 year old EE hens. She's a Privett Hatchery "ameraucana". They have been good layers, even at this age. Healthiest breed of the hatchery birds I've had. On par with my nonhatchery wheaten ameraucana and silkies. Probably the only hatchery birds I'll get again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom