The EE braggers thread!!!

Here is my girl, Cheeks, a few weeks ago at the avian vet's office for her yearly exam. She is 6, going on 7 years old in this photo!! She is my honey
love.gif
I got her egg from a lady I work with - she gave me 12 eggs. Only 3 hatched. The other two were killed by hawks, and this girl is still with me. I was told the eggs were Aracauna/Americana from a hatchery, so that means basically she's an EE. She doesn't lay anymore, but she used to lay a medium size light brown egg. No colors ever.

This has been the BEST bird. She is healthy, hearty, smart, tame, funny.
She has the greatest personality and best traits. I love her so much that I am really sold on this "breed." I ordered 4 more in my chicks from MM that I just got last week. I love those poofy cheek tufts and of all the breeds I got, the EEs are the most calm, friendliest, and most docile so far.

I had a Buff Orphangton go broody so I stuffed 15 eggs under her from FEB 21st-24th. And Now I'm collecting them to set in an incubator. I started collecting Feb 25th and will stop MAR 3rd. I found a local guy who hatches for .50 a chick. The great thing is he has a web cam and post it. So if you want to see hatching chicks he hatches every week-end. http://cmfarm.us/cam_2.html Right now looks like he has Black copper marans. Also his pug has puppies soo cute. My eggs are green/blue ones from Ameraucana's and EE's, Black copper Maran, giant silver lace cochin and the one BO. I think she has 2 of hers under her. I will be setting at least 36 on the 3rd of march. All have a splash maran roo over them. The end result will be blue feathers "I think" and chocolate and olive eggers. And some fluffy mutts from the cochin/maran mix and BO/maran mix LOL . This is Buffy My BO you can't tell she has 15 large/exlarge eggs under her. I moved her to the chicken tractor so the others will leave her alone. I been using the tractor as a half way house for chick. I can clamp a heat lamp in the top if needed. This is the first time it's been used by a broody hen.

Roca my big girl.
Beatrice
Mrs Clause She use to have a fluffy white beard. After the last molt it can back black and her feathers are bright.
Before the molt with the white beard weird humm!

Last edited:
I had a Buff Orphangton go broody so I stuffed 15 eggs under her from FEB 21st-24th. And Now I'm collecting them to set in an incubator. I started collecting Feb 25th and will stop MAR 3rd. I found a local guy who hatches for .50 a chick. The great thing is he has a web cam and post it. So if you want to see hatching chicks he hatches every week-end. http://cmfarm.us/cam_2.html Right now looks like he has Black copper marans. Also his pug has puppies soo cute. My eggs are green/blue ones from Ameraucana's and EE's, Black copper Maran, giant silver lace cochin and the one BO. I think she has 2 of hers under her. I will be setting at least 36 on the 3rd of march. All have a splash maran roo over them. The end result will be blue feathers "I think" and chocolate and olive eggers. And some fluffy mutts from the cochin/maran mix and BO/maran mix LOL . This is Buffy My BO you can't tell she has 15 large/exlarge eggs under her. I moved her to the chicken tractor so the others will leave her alone. I been using the tractor as a half way house for chick. I can clamp a heat lamp in the top if needed. This is the first time it's been used by a broody hen.

Roca my big girl.
Beatrice
Mrs Clause She use to have a fluffy white beard. After the last molt it can back black and her feathers are bright.
Before the molt with the white beard weird humm!

What did the black and white one look like as a chick? I have a little white chick with 2 black strips down her back.... just wanting to know what she might look like grown.

She was yellow cream with broken black spots on her back. She was the only one out of all the chicks last year that looked like that. 1 week old
The light colored one asleep with the black line behind the eye
A day old, very back corner she's asleep.

What did the black and white one look like as a chick? I have a little white chick with 2 black strips down her back.... just wanting to know what she might look like grown.

She was yellow cream with broken black spots on her back. She was the only one out of all the chicks last year that looked like that. 1 week old
The light colored one asleep with the black line behind the eye
A day old, very back corner she's asleep.

Thanks! Mine looks a lot like that....
pop.gif

Yeah! the two EE Eggs had set hatched! hopefully pictures soon they are still in the bator with others that aren't due to hatch until tomorrow! Actual hatch day is tomorrow but there is always early birds! :)

Back
Top Bottom