The egg wait continues- Egg Watch 2011

ThinkingChickens

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Day 4,365,657,987 (or at least, that's how it feels). I leave the house in my pajamas, braless and hair askew hoping nobody sees me. I scurry down the steps and make my way over to the coop. I can hear the girls chatting about the day ahead of them. I open the coop door and make my way to the back to check for eggs. Anxiously, I peer inside, hoping that today is the day that Mabel or Ethel lays me some breakfast. No egg. I'm beginning to think that Maude will forever be my only chance at breakfast, but as she lays at 10:30 am she's no help this morning. This isn't a brunch kind of household ladies! I go back into the house, not caring who sees me in my pajamas. I'm deflated realizing it's Special K again!

Will tomorrow be the day that breakfast is served? Stay tuned for Egg Watch 2011

Mabel, Maude and Ethel by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

If you are going out early in the morning, braless and in pajamas... FYI.... You took the picture in the wrong direction......
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

....pretty birds though

Last edited:
So, funny that I should post this yesterday. In the evening I thought my Jersey Giant had gone missing. She didn't run to the fence like she normally does the minute I step out back. Turns out she was laying us an egg, in the nest box, exactly where she should. Hooray. That's one down, one more to go. Then I can start the younger girls on their countdown.

Our Barred Rock was laying at 18-19 weeks. Ethel, the JG is 21 weeks. We have a Delaware who is also 21 weeks and still no eggs. I guess there's just a huge variant.

I feel ya... I have over 80 chickens. I had 5 girls laying, one died and now I am only getting 1-3 eggs a day (1 Red Sexlink, 2 Amberlinks and 2 Tetra Tints - one of which died). Mine are 17-18wks now, so I am expecting my one Amber and 2 other Red Sexlinks should be getting there. I know I have a few more weeks to wait on the Australorps and Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom