1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The egg wait continues- Egg Watch 2011

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ThinkingChickens, Jul 1, 2011.

1. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Day 4,365,657,987 (or at least, that's how it feels). I leave the house in my pajamas, braless and hair askew hoping nobody sees me. I scurry down the steps and make my way over to the coop. I can hear the girls chatting about the day ahead of them. I open the coop door and make my way to the back to check for eggs. Anxiously, I peer inside, hoping that today is the day that Mabel or Ethel lays me some breakfast. No egg. I'm beginning to think that Maude will forever be my only chance at breakfast, but as she lays at 10:30 am she's no help this morning. This isn't a brunch kind of household ladies! I go back into the house, not caring who sees me in my pajamas. I'm deflated realizing it's Special K again!

Will tomorrow be the day that breakfast is served? Stay tuned for Egg Watch 2011

[​IMG]
    Mabel, Maude and Ethel by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

2. sanyijr

sanyijr Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Livermore
    If you are going out early in the morning, braless and in pajamas... FYI.... You took the picture in the wrong direction...... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

....pretty birds though

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Will stay tuned.

5. ThinkingChickens

Feb 18, 2011
    So, funny that I should post this yesterday. In the evening I thought my Jersey Giant had gone missing. She didn't run to the fence like she normally does the minute I step out back. Turns out she was laying us an egg, in the nest box, exactly where she should. Hooray. That's one down, one more to go. Then I can start the younger girls on their countdown.

6. mtnhens4

mtnhens4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Western NC
    HOORAY!!! I'm waiting on my girls to get with the program, they are 19 wks old, hopefully breakfast is coming soon:yiipchick

7. ThinkingChickens

Feb 18, 2011
    Our Barred Rock was laying at 18-19 weeks. Ethel, the JG is 21 weeks. We have a Delaware who is also 21 weeks and still no eggs. I guess there's just a huge variant.

8. ketcham

ketcham Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Marshallville,Ohio
    I must be living to far out in the country!!! RATS!!!! I'll match ya,,,boxers and tee shirt.Still waiting myself!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Kevin

9. ketcham

ketcham Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Marshallville,Ohio
    Oppps ps CONGRATS on one going!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I feel ya... I have over 80 chickens. I had 5 girls laying, one died and now I am only getting 1-3 eggs a day (1 Red Sexlink, 2 Amberlinks and 2 Tetra Tints - one of which died). Mine are 17-18wks now, so I am expecting my one Amber and 2 other Red Sexlinks should be getting there. I know I have a few more weeks to wait on the Australorps and Easter Eggers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by