The egg wait continues- Egg Watch 2011

My two girls are at 21 weeks and I am still anxiously waiting for that first egg. My husband and I have bets on which one will lay first. It's almost ridiculous how excited I am. The anticipation is killing me!

They have both been doing the squatting thing whenever I approach them for about a week now. They have also been very vocal lately. This morning I ran outside when I heard them clucking up a storm (I was hoping it was the egg song). Yes, I ran out into the yard straight from bed wearing my pajamas. I was so excited that I couldn't have cared less who saw me. No eggs yet... sigh! Now I am wondering what the neighbors must be thinking. I'm sure they are either highly amused, or they think I have lost my mind. This is not the first time they have caught me doing stuff like talking to the chickens, singing to the chickens, running around playing with the chickens or plopping myself on the ground so the girls can climb in my lap for a group hug.

Oh well. I'm happy, the girls are happy... that's all that matters.
smile.png

this is a great thread, it's my just like my life
smile.png

I've been given eleven eggs in the first eighteen days of eggdom for my eight hens. The first four were from my leghorns then nothing until today. is such a gap between first and second eggs par for the course?

Last edited:
My last living/laying Tetra Tint is laying once every 2-3 days. She's my constant double and triple yolk layer. I keep finding membrane eggs and what's left of the membranes... Someone laid an egg in the middle of the shed the other night. I didn't see it until I heard it crush under my foot. Someone else decided it'd be cool to lay one on the ledge of the shed the other morning. -sigh- My Brown Leghorns are now 19 weeks and I'm wondering where their eggs are. They are getting red in the face, finally, and their combs are starting to grow. The Amberlinks all squat and have full, red combs and wattles now, but I know they aren't laying consistantly. I witnessed two of them lay an egg, but now I'm wondering what's happening that I'm only getting 1-2 eggs a day when I have 4 pullets laying and a 5th that should be. What also baffles me is that I got two other Red Sexlinks with my laying RSL, Pink, and she's the only one laying. She is the mouthiest girl of the whole group!

My Mille Fleur Cochins are closing in on 21 weeks and I'm very anxious to get eggs from them, too! I need to hurry up and get their coop done, though! They haven't begun squatting or anything, but they are getting their red now.

Back
Top Bottom