The elusive Penciled Wyandotte

chickenlover007

Crowing
Sep 21, 2020
PNW
Hi all, I was looking online at types of beautiful bird breeds, say that 5 times fast, when I came across the penciled wyandotte. I thought they were gorgeous! I'm not looking to buy chickens right now, but in the future I would like to have some penciled wyandottes in my flock. I was trying to find where they were sold, nope, nothing, nada. I couldn't find anywhere that sold these beautiful birds. Does anyone know of a place that sells the chicks, not fertile eggs?

They aren't wyandottes, but if it's just the pencil lacing you are looking for here are some pencil laced plymouth rocks https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Baby-Chicks/Silver-Penciled-Plymouth-Rock-p1740.aspx

I found Meyers hatchery has them too, but couldn't get it to load.
Hmmm I'll look at Meyers, thanks! That's really odd, a lot of the ones that I loved, such as this one I included, are labeled penciled wyandotte, but it might just be me believing whatever the internet says regarding chickens even though a vast majority is false. 😅 No wonder I couldn't find them at any hatcheries:gig

Attachments

• 1607530995586.png
    1607530995586.png
    177.5 KB · Views: 11
Hmmm I'll look at Meyers, thanks! That's really odd, a lot of the ones that I loved, such as this one I included, are labeled penciled wyandotte, but it might just be me believing whatever the internet says regarding chickens even though a vast majority is false. 😅 No wonder I couldn't find them at any hatcheries:gig
"penciled" is describing the type of lacing, not the bird. The pic you are showing is a wyandotte with silver penciled lacing. Just like Meyers has silver penciled plymouth rocks.
Both exist 😁

I am surprised they don't have any penciled wyandottes.

There are tons of facebook Washington poultry groups, and tons of breeders around here. Maybe you could join one to see if anyone in your area will be selling penciled wyandottes in the spring (or whenever you want them)!

Back
Top Bottom