The emotions of splitting a small flock?

Ok, it's been 10 days and this bird has started screaming her head off again. I am convinced she is one pissed off bird when anything changes and this is her way of telling us. Chicken cursing??
She had calmed a bit a few days after the 3 left, but then because there were less in the coop the 2 left started targeting the silkie, so for about 3 days I had to put her in a dog crate for her own safety and the screaming by this bird started all over. Yesterday I divided the coop completely in half with chicken wire so they can all see each other but they can't touch the silkie and even though the silkie is back, the changes to the coop and run seem to be pissing her off again and she's back to screaming her damn head off. It has been since 6am and been non stop all day so far. SMH
With the coop so close to the house I am going to need a sound machine for my daughters room. Once it gets warm, I have one neighbor on the other side of my house and I hope to God this bird stops by then or Im' going to have one pissed off neighbor. LOL
She's a partridge cochin. Are they known to be voicetrous?

I had one like that- a Buff Orpington. Eventually had to rehome her due to the neighbors. She would scream like the dickens in the mornings if I wasn't on time with feeding. She would scream night for me to go inside at dark. I mean really loud,constant screaming too. Any change in her routine was met with screaming- then she became mean to the new pullets- even after a month of slow introduction. She would chase them through the yard to peck at them. Ioved her, but she had to go for the good of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom