The end of an era...

Rusty Hills Farm

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Up at the barn
Wednesday night/Thanksgiving morning predators--the 2-legged variety--complete with bolt cutters emptied all of my runs except the one visible from the house. They cut the padlocks off the coops and walked off with every RIR and most of the Buff Rocks. The RIR flock was descended from my grandfather's flock established in 1942. Now there is not a single one of them left. The deputy who took the report said they are probably already in someone's freezer.

I am heartbroken.

sad.png

Oh shoot. That sucks. I am so sorry that this happened. I guess there is only so much you can do. I don't even know how you could have reasonably prevented that. I can't stand the dishonesty.

Oh no....I am so sorry.
sad.png
That is just devastating, I am sure. Are there any from the original flock anywhere? perhaps eggs someone else hatched or some you re-homed for some reason?

That's terrible. I can't believe someone would be so bold to walk in take your chickens. Sorry for your loss. I hope they catch them, but it's probably not very likely.

Oh, what a world, what a world. That's what the wicked witch says as she is melting and I think it all the time.

Any chance of putting up signs at places where chicken-people hang out, tractor supply or feed store or whatever? Maybe you could offer a reward to have a few returned, or appeal to sympathy since it's a family flock . .

I'm so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom