The Everything Winter HolidaysThread!

meetthebubus

Crowing
Mar 28, 2017
It's the Most Wonderful time of the year! Andy Williams had it right when he sang that. Starting in fall, I love all the holidays the cold (or warmth if you are closer to down under), the food, decor, smells, movies songs....

I start my celebrations early, really early and enjoy it so much, I can't be the only one can I? Gotta have these great chicken and animal keepers share what's great for them!

SO, no matter what ya celebrate or how share, let's chat about it, share pics of decor, share recipes for the holiday, fave holiday song clips fave traditions what do you celebrate, how, maybe you even have a pic of your chicken in a Santa suit.... share it here!

Must see christmas movie if you have kids around (or feel like one): A Muppet Christmas Carol

Must jam to these songs if you haven't yet: Mary's Boy Child by Boney M and God Rest he Merry.... by Barenaked Ladies.

Fave holiday recipe right now: pecan rolls with scrambled eggs (of course)

Here's the sticky buns (pecan rolls) I make

Just moved our chickens to their new winter coop...it’s much drier in there since it’s in a nice cozy barn. Our run was so gross and wet before from all the bad weather that the chickens were too miserable to go out of their henhouse.
We are going to add Christmas decorations methinks...we used to put a wreath on our coop. It was super cute!
These pics are just before the chickens were moved in.
The clay chickens are named Elaina and Fabrizio. My parents bought them in Italy.
7E1FDBD0-FFFA-4030-9DF5-7E0FEDA46330.jpeg
E28954F6-E5B8-45E7-B3E8-9CC639454300.jpeg

26717B4C-C846-4D80-BAEF-0D65DE17E79D.jpeg

Just moved our chickens to their new winter coop...it’s much drier in there since it’s in a nice cozy barn. Our run was so gross and wet before from all the bad weather that the chickens were too miserable to go out of their henhouse.
We are going to add Christmas decorations methinks...we used to put a wreath on our coop. It was super cute!
These pics are just before the chickens were moved in.
The clay chickens are named Elaina and Fabrizio. My parents bought them in Italy. View attachment 1586722View attachment 1586723
View attachment 1586721
Also, PSA:
This coop didn’t have a roof, just 9ft tall. We thought, NAHHH, chickens can’t fly nine feet!
Oh yes they CAN

Lol, absolutely! One flew like 13 feet one time for me
I tried telling my dad this but NO he wouldn’t listen! He liked how it looked without a roof.
I always feel so bad for him since he works his butt of for the darn chickens and in return we tell him the coop needs a roof or the chickens will fly out, your 50lb bag of DE will not work, drill holes in the side of the barn, the chipmunks are getting into the coop, buy them a $30 bag of organic flock raiser AND oyster shell, oh and while you’re at it be sure to pick up a new bottle of Tylan 50 because our chickens look so awful...yada yada.
I don’t think he expected chicken keeping to be this demanding!

Back
Top Bottom